Aitor Karanka

Hello no! My boss is a boro fan and he said he was garbage, just like Monk and Pulis was too!

If people's expectations are for mid table playing dull boring football, then all 3 fit the bill. I'd prefer to be challenging top 6 being entertained though!

2 minutes ago, gizowl said:

The silence from the club is sending some into hysteria, thus the ludicrous suggestions. 

Karanka a ludicrous suggestion?

I would say it's more ludicrous to say it's ludicrous. 

He's an experienced champ manager with a promotion on his CV.

3 minutes ago, smhouston said:

Hello no! My boss is a boro fan and he said he was garbage, just like Monk and Pulis was too!

If people's expectations are for mid table playing dull boring football, then all 3 fit the bill. I'd prefer to be challenging top 6 being entertained though!

Your boss didn't like a play off final and automatic promotion? 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Karanka a ludicrous suggestion?

I would say it's more ludicrous to say it's ludicrous. 

He's an experienced champ manager with a promotion on his CV.

Don't know exactly who some people expect to manage a second division football club.

good god no, saw boro play a few times when he was in charge the football was dreadful, think alan irvine on mogadon. also boro fans couldn`t wait to see the back of him.

Edited by sandowl

He also brought Victor Valdes and Alvaro Negredo to chuffing Middlesborough FFS. 

Personally think he has a bad rep and doesn't deserve most of it. When they beat us 3-1 in the playoff final season they did a professional job on us and got automatic. 

Any Wednesday fan turning their nose up at Karanka needs to seriously lower their expectations.

Took Middlesbrough up, despite being run close by a very decent Brighton side.  Remember that 2015/16 season; Carvalhal’s first year that everyone gets all misty-eyed about.  Well Karanka yielded 15 points and 7 league wins more than what Carlos achieved.  And Boro weren’t receiving parachute payments at the time either, which makes their promotion that bit more impressive IMO.

He played at the very highest level, was assistant-manager at Real Madrid for several seasons and has a promotion to the Premier League on his CV.  What’s not to like?

9 minutes ago, smhouston said:

Exactly. I live near Middlesbrough, Karanka's tactics were awful. Renowned for making defender for defender substitutes late in games when Boro were getting beat??? People seem to say he was a good guy, but lost the dressing room quick and had a few tantrums (I remember him walking away once, then returning the following week). He did seem to have good contacts in Spain and Chelsea (when Mourihno was there - this dried up when Mourinho left). I personally don't think he would be right for us.

On the flip side, I work with a few Newcastle fans who's responses this morning have been:

"Don't care, Ashley could employ Mickey Mouse as manager and I am not bothered. I will not step foot back in that ground until Ashley has gone."

"Gutted, just gutted" (the guy who said this looked teary eyed).

"Not surprised, cheap option, he'll be gone by Christmas"

Haven't met one yet that thinks its a good appointment.

20 minutes ago, smhouston said:

Sounds like your boss isn't satisfied with anyone then?

Typical Boro fan with ideas above their station. The Brighton & Hove Albion of the North.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andrew6666 said:

Exactly. I live near Middlesbrough, Karanka's tactics were awful. Renowned for making defender for defender substitutes late in games when Boro were getting beat??? People seem to say he was a good guy, but lost the dressing room quick and had a few tantrums (I remember him walking away once, then returning the following week). He did seem to have good contacts in Spain and Chelsea (when Mourihno was there - this dried up when Mourinho left). I personally don't think he would be right for us.

On the flip side, I work with a few Newcastle fans who's responses this morning have been:

"Don't care, Ashley could employ Mickey Mouse as manager and I am not bothered. I will not step foot back in that ground until Ashley has gone."

"Gutted, just gutted" (the guy who said this looked teary eyed).

"Not surprised, cheap option, he'll be gone by Christmas"

Haven't met one yet that thinks its a good appointment.

I’m not advocating Karanka, but the football under Bruce wasn’t exactly free flowing Can’t seem to remember too many complaining, in fact I would say I was in the minority when questioning it

15 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Your boss didn't like a play off final and automatic promotion? 

To go up and come back down makes it pointless. It was still absolutely dross football. I remember going to watch us against them and they scored in literally the first minute of the game. After that they just shut up shop. Some would say it was a professional performance, others would say it was an absolute borefest, and it was something they did every season hence them always having the best defence but least amount scored in the top 6 every season he was in charge