Aitor Karanka

A realistic potential replacement for Bruce, before you all shout me down about his negative football, he took Middlesbrough from lower mid table fodder to a play off final, then automatic promotion the season after. Then at Forest was sacked whilst sat 7th in the league and right in the play off picture, after that they appointed a dinosaur and finished miles further back. 

I know we'd all like to watch attractive football, but if you look at what we're good at, it's being a solid organised team, when it's being coached and set up the right way like Bruce did. Karanka would definitely get the best out of that department. Add a few more flair and pacey additions like Harris and we'd also have the ability to hurt teams at the other end too. Thoughts?

• Haha 1

Karanka would be my second choice after Hughton.

Forest mate I know couldn't believe it when he got the boot, replaced with O'Neil and their Play Off hopes diminished quickly.

I agree with what you say about organisation. We saw results with a simple formation, players in their best positions and knowing their responsibilities. It would be nice if that could be continued. 

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Wouldn't be gutted at this appointment.

Though my favourite is Gary Monk.

Likewise wouldn't be gutted with Monk, did good jobs with Swansea, Leeds and Birmingham with not much to show from it. I like the promotion on Karanka's CV.

Guest gizowl

:duntmatter:he's right up there with o'Neill Keane, McLaren, Rowett, Pulis,Coleman. GARBAGE.         KARANKA IS A W...A

Guest gizowl
7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Karanka would be my second choice after Hughton.

Forest mate I know couldn't believe it when he got the boot, replaced with O'Neil and their Play Off hopes diminished quickly.

I agree with what you say about organisation. We saw results with a simple formation, players in their best positions and knowing their responsibilities. It would be nice if that could be continued. 

Does your mate sell sand in the desert?WTF:

Guest gizowl

A smack of desperation setting in, until the right one becomes available, plenty of good coaches out there to come and help Bullen out. 

17 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

A realistic potential replacement for Bruce, before you all shout me down about his negative football, he took Middlesbrough from lower mid table fodder to a play off final, then automatic promotion the season after. Then at Forest was sacked whilst sat 7th in the league and right in the play off picture, after that they appointed a dinosaur and finished miles further back. 

I know we'd all like to watch attractive football, but if you look at what we're good at, it's being a solid organised team, when it's being coached and set up the right way like Bruce did. Karanka would definitely get the best out of that department. Add a few more flair and pacey additions like Harris and we'd also have the ability to hurt teams at the other end too. Thoughts?

I’m not too sure. My girlfriend & her family are all Boro season ticket holders & I don’t think that he’s the man for us.

Very stubborn & wants to do things his way or no way...I think he would clash a lot with Chansiri. I also remember the time he walked out on Boro. His football there in his first full season was great but strangely the season they got promoted it was dreadful to watch. It got even worse in the premier league & even more defensive.