Chris Coleman anyone??

At a bit of a loose end this afternoon and as if only watched the first few episodes of the Sunderland documentary I decided to watch a few more today.

Sunderland were in a mess when Coleman came in but f**k me Coleman was awful there. Alienating the teams best player rather than managing him, vague tactics, failure to address weak points in the side... the guy is an awful manager.

If Dejphon Chansiri were to hire Chris Coleman next season would be a disaster.

Dc has built up some good feeling over Bruce affair the appointment of someone no club would touch with a barge pole would undo the good work. I can only assume Coleman got an interview as we seem to always want to sign Sunderland players. 

Some of he others like Pulis have had their moment but now past sell by date but Coleman has always been obsolete.

It would also lose any momentum we built up in second half of last season.

Think DC has to realise them who have form in this league and could do a job are not available and others who would come not good enough. Time to select young promising manager who has done extremely well at unfashionable club, Coewlet or Stendel. Think both of their achievements are worth looking at and he should select the one who he thinks he can best work with. We would have to pay compensation but so be it.

2 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Genuinely seems to have no talent or aptitude whatsoever.

A Welsh Jos.

The thing is, as useless as Jos was, given his record previously in Germany you could sort of see why Chansiri hired him even though his appointment was a disaster.

Coleman on the other hand has absolutely no track record, he’s never achieved anything and is simply a rubbish manager.

I can’t believe he’s even being considered.

• Like 1

Just now, TrickyTrev said:

The thing is, as useless as Jos was, given his record previously in Germany you could sort of see why Chansiri hired him even though his appointment was a disaster.

Coleman on the other hand has absolutely no track record, he’s never achieved anything and is simply a rubbish manager.

I can’t believe he’s even being considered.

There was no logical reason for hiring Jos.

Paxo Sage and Onion pocket filler. No more, no less. He's back gardening now, where we found him, but with a shed load of B&Q vouchers for his pansies.

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

There was no logical reason for hiring Jos.

Paxo Sage and Onion pocket filler. No more, no less. He's back gardening now, where we found him, but with a shed load of B&Q vouchers for his pansies.

I agree but Chansiri could always point to the promotions he’d achieved in Germany (4 I believe).

Coleman on the other hand has nothing like that on his cv, he’s just awful.

6 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Let's hope Chansiri's seen the Netflix documentary.

The scene where the Sunderland players complain about Team Coleman's coaching methods relating to addressing specific weaknesses. 

Although to be fair Mcgreedy complains about everybody, such a pill box.

23 hours ago, Sticky belly said:

Chris ‘Cookeh’ Coleman :duntmatter:

Sorry for the confusion chaps, I should have explained that he is known as Chris ‘Cookie’ Coleman due to his love of cookies and chocolate, as he was a little fat foôker when he was younger by all accounts.

Doesn’t really work as a gag though if you have to Google it. I’ll just get me coat :ghoulguy:

Last big job was at Sunderland who were relegated to Div 1 with a 17% win record.

His win rates in league football range from that 17% at Sunderland to 34% at Fulham.

With Wales he managed a mediocre 38% win rate mainly due to having Gareth Bale in his team.

If he’s the best we can find (which I doubt with that record) I would prefer to leave Bullen in charge until better is available.

• Thanks 1

The Star quoting he’s a ‘class act’ but doesnt then go on to say who made that quote, certainly can’t see it was anyone on here!!! The Star seem to intimate it’s from Owls fans ehhh?????

Sorry not a class act from me, another overall failure in the leagues really don’t want him here!!!!

Cowleys, Hughton, Rowlett at a push.