Chris Coleman anyone??

I put this in the manager odds thread but it probably belongs in here. Take this in:

Coleman’s record in the championship

Coventry - 21st, 17th, 19th

Sunderland - 24th

I’m not sure it’s realistically possible to have a worse record than that! If it’s true we’ve interviewed him I’d question the sanity of whoever’s drawing up the candidate list. 

1 minute ago, paulrs said:

I put this in the manager odds thread but it probably belongs in here. Take this in:

Coleman’s record in the championship

Coventry - 21st, 17th, 19th

Sunderland - 24th

I’m not sure it’s realistically possible to have a worse record than that! If it’s true we’ve interviewed him I’d question the sanity of whoever’s drawing up the candidate list. 

I take your point but these clubs were both on their way down with massive problems both on and off the pitch when he managed them not too dissimilar to us when we dropped out of the prem. Laws for instance is revered by some on  here but his record was not that great (though it is better than Coleman's) but in fairness he was a victim of circumstances as I suspect Coleman was?

That said I'm not advocating him for the job but I think he'd do better here than he has elsewhere in the championship?

3 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I take your point but these clubs were both on their way down with massive problems both on and off the pitch when he managed them not too dissimilar to us when we dropped out of the prem. Laws for instance is revered by some on  here but his record was not that great (though it is better than Coleman's) but in fairness he was a victim of circumstances as I suspect Coleman was?

That said I'm not advocating him for the job but I think he'd do better here than he has elsewhere in the championship?

Mabe better but not to our expectations, top six must be dcs minimum this season.

Rubbish. How depressing is this, one omg no ! choice after another. How the took do Derby get Philip Cocu n we get linked with just a load of useless has-beens or almost all never beens and never will be's. We almost got in the playoffs after a over half write off season under Jos. If they are not any good options free go get someone doing a good job somewhere else who has a job. Got to get better than the current shower linked! Or give me my season ticket money back. Hope Mr C is getting some good advice now........

Edited by ashley8

Stick with Bullen for now and wait until the sacking season starts, if Coleman is the best available right now. Wouldn't be a good fit in any way.

I'd definately take Monk, Rowett over him. They must be desperate to get back into work so surely we couldn't do worse than those?

On 17/07/2019 at 12:03, spiderman said:

Your thoughts??......:unsure:

No. It's Lee Bullen for me. He is tactically sound, has passion for the club, has the respect of the players and engages well with the media and supporters.  It's his time. We could lose him to another club who are prepared to take a chance on a developing coach with potential, whilst we could end up with another tired, washed up manager who is working the managerial circuit. 

Guest domSWFC

Bale wants out of Madrid. Coleman has links with him from the Wales job... 

Unless he signs Bale it's a no from me. 

6 minutes ago, Cockers said:

No. It's Lee Bullen for me. He is tactically sound, has passion for the club, has the respect of the players and engages well with the media and supporters.  It's his time. We could lose him to another club who are prepared to take a chance on a developing coach with potential, whilst we could end up with another tired, washed up manager who is working the managerial circuit. 

Still a no from me to much of a gamble. Potential is not what we need right now

Guest domSWFC
4 minutes ago, Cockers said:

What makes you say that? He's always followed on from another manager. He's brought different players in, but he's never really tried anything adventurous to make me think he's capable of a managerial masterclass. He's usually reverted back to a standard 442 or 451.

I love Bullen and I hope we keep him at the club for years to come, just not as manager. I don't see what he offers that makes him any better than Pulis, Zola, Coleman, Megson or Holloway.