Chris Coleman anyone??

Guest Jack the Hat
10 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

His success with Wales was fantastic, but it seems that was based on his patriotism and Bale rather than his managerial skills. As his club record is pretty poor. 

Pulis would do a better job even if it would bore the pants of us.  

And getting a bye to the semi finals because step toe was such a useless England manager and failed to win an easy group and get the easy run in! Euro 2016 btw!

Only Wednesday could have Zola and Coleman made favourites for manager of club when neither has any remote connection to club and both have proved absolutely diabolical at job.

Sandwiched in between them was Bullen who is anything but a manager and he has demonstrated this effectively by failing to motivate a poor German side. 

Anybody with any understanding of football will find it staggering to believe that they could be made favourite for any managerial vacancy and all to gain favouritism at one club is just unbelievable. think in Zola nad Colemans case Agents are trying to dump offload their rubbish as we have been good receptacle for such in recent times.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I'll be so peed off if it's Coleman. DC has just pumped another fortune into the club. He needs someone who knows what they're doing. That was the attraction with Bruce in the first place. If not Hughton, then Pulis for me. Stoke grew exponentially under Pulis' and he was a better prem manager than Bruce. I can't see DC lumping his money on a novice. Too much at stake. 

Once (if true,) Hughton had turned the job down there was always going to be little agreement on here about 'next best/least worse' but despite reservations on both, I reckon DC's investment would be best served by an experienced manager such as Pulis or Holloway. Big gamble whatever he does.... but please not Coleman 

:duntmatter:

8 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Think people need to chill a little, being spoken to/interviewed and it’s like he’s got the job on here 

I’m hoping the brief success under Bruce at least showed DC what type of manager he should be going for

Sure it has pal , but who’s out there that he can attract that is anywhere near the manager Bruce is at this level 

He’d not be my top choice. Sunderland a complete hospital pass and he left Wales for the wrong job.

His time in China seemed mixed but in the season he was sacked he had to lose a few players and couldn’t bring any in. Tough gig. 

My concern is that could be the situation here too.

On 17/07/2019 at 12:20, Westfield Owl said:

Did a great job at Fulham and Wales.  Had a shocker at Sunderland and Coventry.  His spells elsewhere weren’t exactly brilliant.  But he does know the EFL well.

Would probably be a safe pair of hands.  There’s been far worst suggestions mentioned on here.

Like who, Sheridan maybe but none of the others come close.