SWFC Official Statement

Just now, Rogers said:

I’m hoping Bruce is settled and it’s his 2 sidekicks that are not. 

That's what Nixon implied.

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Apparently now Bruce has another job he can’t claim constructive dismay. 

Yeah Nixon said the same and he's an expert, I'm just a googler :)

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

We don’t know if he’s correct or not birley, both clubs haven’t commented. 

That aside I was talking more about how he belittles people for not working out his cryptic messages, he could quite easily just explain what he means in a couple of tweets and then everyone would instantly get what he means, but if he did that and was wrong he would look silly. 

Thats why he doesn’t. 

Yes that's true we don't, I'm assuming we've got what we want for Bruce though but who knows.

I don't know why he doesn't say what he means most of time, but most of time he is correct with things he says but if your words have multiple connotations to them then that is bound to happen.

An injunction would probably suit Bruce down to the ground he will still get paid by Newcastle to watch the Ashes!

Hope DC takes them to the cleaners for all he can get! We will take £1 per ounce of fat on Bruce’s chins and gut easy £53 million!!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, beechy85 said:

An injunction would probably suit Bruce down to the ground he will still get paid by Newcastle to watch the Ashes!

Hope DC takes them to the cleaners for all he can get! We will take £1 per ounce of fat on Bruce’s chins and gut easy £53 million!!

A case of from Ashley to Ashes'.

Like a few on here I'm also a lawyer although Employment Law not my thing. Nevertheless:

1. There's a general duty under English law to mitigate one's loss. Given the Newcastle announcement on Bruce and Bruce making it pretty clear he's gone and not coming back, we can and should proceed to find and appoint another manager (and assistants) without prejudice to our right to claim compensation; and

2. now here's the interesting one. There's also a right under English law to claim damages against someone (Ashley/NUFC) for the tort of inducement to breach a contract. This applies regardless of what is in the contract between us and Bruce. Now it would take a rather large scrotum to go down that route given poaching of players and managers is lets face it widespread, nevertheless the right exists. DC will probably stew on that for a while then give it away but who knows.

PS My choice for manager - Eion Morgan. At least he would bring something to Wednesday that we have not had in my nearly 50 yrs of supporting them - A HUGE AMOUNT OF LUCK.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Newcastle can expect an ugly long drawn out legal issues over this, I think DC is beyond stubborn and obviously taking this personally - frankly amazed he sticks around. He needs applauding for the last few weeks even if some choices have been questionable over his reign. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Avon barksdale said:

If we’ve been paid the 4 million take it and move on , need a new manager ASAP. Opening fixtures are relatively kind, important we hit the ground running this season rather than play catch up while we normally have to. 

There’s nothing stopping Wednesday from moving forward. We can appoint a new manager and carry on.

It could potentially stall Newcastle’s pre season further. But I’d imagine it’ll carry on in the background for a month or so. It’s not in either clubs interests for this to have an affect on the football, especially  when it doesn’t need to.

1 hour ago, Spencerowl said:

Notnif we have not accepted it which I think is what’s happened 

We could possibly bring someone in on a temporary contract (to start with) as a so called interim manager whilst legal issues are resolved. 

Or there's probably the option around by hiring a director of football who could then assist bullen by doing the managerial side and giving him managerial advice. 

1 minute ago, shezzas left peg said:

We could possibly bring someone in on a temporary contract (to start with) as a so called interim manager whilst legal issues are resolved. 

Or there's probably the option around by hiring a director of football who could then assist bullen by doing the managerial side and giving him managerial advice. 

Nonandni said earlier in as a joke about Gary Monk being the megastore manager.... it’s an option open for us I would think but constructive dismissal I don’t think would get off the ground for Bruce .... the other two however maybe an issue 

• Haha 1