SWFC Official Statement

8 minutes ago, alleycat said:

The statement says former staff so I think we can take it that they are no longer employed by SWFC. 

Whether Bruce claims for constructive dismissal or not (and he won't, as it's not) has absolutely no relevance to whether we can employ a new manager or not. 

We can. 

Some people are thinking  way too much imo.

Any business needs a manager. Ours quit, we need a new one. Can’t possibly see how employing a new manager for the vacant managers position could possibly be contrived as owt else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Typical, comes out during the only period I had my back turned.

I believe there are serious issues to be addressed here that will see all former employees, Mike Ashley, and Newcastle United punished accordingly.

It’s the fans of Newcastle you have to feel sorry for, with their proud club being dragged through the mud by alleged dodgy geezers.

Not just the compensation regarding our former employees. This is a deliberate act of attrition against our business. Benitez was engaged in contract talks from the post Christmas period. the on going story was a little further to go. Incredibly late in the day Ashley left Benitez high and dry without any agreement; He then compounded the issue by tapping up the Bruce team, so late in the day that our planned acquisitions were completely usurped. The issue of compensation is far more complicated than that of compensation the unintended consequence of Ashleys actions has been corrosive on our plans for the coming season, the damage is both considerable and inestimable. We need/demand fair treatment in line with the FFP that the authorities are constantly banging on about.      

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

Take them to the cleaners DC we’re all behind you 

Spot on mate , screw em for every penny . Totally unprofessionsl way to conduct business and a complete lack of respect and courtesy shown to Sheffield wednesday .

For clarity as I think people are over thinking this. 

The statement says "former" staff so 100% they're no longer employees. (regardless of how they left) so that puts to bed the theory that DC didn't accept their resignations. 

Even if (and he won't) Bruce decided to claim constructive dismissal it 100%  doesn't stop us getting another manager or head coach or whatever title the club want to give him. 

The issue will be around the other Steves

Sick of seeing Bruce's fat ugly fizzogg now.

He turns my stomach.

Like puking up after a curry night and having to keep walking past it for a week.

Newcastle fans don't want this as much as we didn't want it. I just hope they give him as much greif as we would and they get rid of Bruce, his cronies and Ashley sooner rather than later and we can all move on from this whole seedy episode.

Up the Owls

10 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Nixon really is full of himself isn’t he?

”at last someone who understands........ my criptic messages because I’m guessing like the rest of you “

To be fair to him, he called the compo issue for the assistants about a week ago.

He also correctly called the 4m compo for bruce when every other media outlet was saying 1m.

31 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Chansiri has money ,Now this is different ,He will feel its an insult against him and the club ,Rightly so cause Bruce and Ashley as much grief as possible .injunction high court  action ,Get em done chairman we are 100% behind you .

This 100%.  Was saying this the other day. Chansiri / Thais are very much big on respect and he’ll take this as a massive personal thing.  He’s got money and I believe will take it a lot further. If Ashley thought he’s stubborn I reckon he’s about to meet someone who will take it up a notch 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Nixon really is full of himself isn’t he?

”at last someone who understands........ my criptic messages because I’m guessing like the rest of you “

Also Nixon misread and failed to understand it. Agnew & Clemence compo not a considerable matter. The damage to our pre season planning strategy most definitely is  ! 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Would appointing a new manager affect any court case, in this scenario? 

Potentially:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/palace-win-injunction-against-bruce-9201022.html

Jordan is holding out for what he considers to be appropriate compensation – around £1m – for Bruce's services. In the meantime Jordan faces a potential legal minefield if he wants to recruit a permanent successor to Bruce. An appointment while the former Manchester United captain is still attached to the club, even on "gardening leave", might constitute constructive dismissal for Bruce, legal experts told The Independent yesterday. If so, Bruce would be free to leave before August.