SWFC Official Statement

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I hope you are right. I have a feeling it will be Bullen in charge until it’s sorted though. I really hope I am wrong though. 

Absolutely you’re right, Bullen will be in charge, luckily it will only be for a couple of weeks.

Edited by Yellowbelly

Just now, DELUDED OWL said:

How does that stop em flying to China.? 

There may be legals to sort out,when they get back, but it won't stop them going. 

DC blocked the boarding gate with those golden elephants.

I knew they'd come in handy one day.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Not true.

If we’d put him on garden leave and then hired someone else then it probably would have been judged as constructive dismissal

The statement says former staff so I think we can take it that they are no longer employed by SWFC. 

Whether Bruce claims for constructive dismissal or not (and he won't, as it's not) has absolutely no relevance to whether we can employ a new manager or not. 

We can. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, A12owl said:

And how many millions are they going to lose in sales matt?

Like your sentiment though.

I will do the same. I think my total spend ever is less than £100.

That should put the fear up MA. 100's of shops closing. Let's not forget House of Fraser. I think that's his as well.

He has quite a few different outlets boycott them all

7 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

I would imagine the PL could also be interested here as the whole issue could set a very dangerous precedent re breaking contracts and clubs employing players/managers/coaches still under contract to other clubs (as their resignations have not been accepted).

You mean like an existing premier league Club signing a youth player, using your foreign feeder club to sign him, then signing him up the season after to avoid paying millions in compensation.

Wait a minute that sounds familiar like it happened this season and the FA and the Premier league and the EFL have done fizz all about it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

How does that stop em flying to China.? 

There may be legals to sort out,when they get back, but it won't stop them going. 

It doesnt.  

What i am saying is, unless the full amount requested by SWFC is not met, expect the heat to be turned up on the lesser spotted Steve’s (although the third turd is actually a Stephen) 

27 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

From what I understand from Nixon and the statement, compensation has been agreed for Bruce and 4m has been paid over. Chansiri wanted more to compensate for Agnew and Clemence. But Newcastle refused to negotiate on that and thought sod it if you want more money, take up legal advice and see you in court. 

Might be wrong, but that's my take. 

AFAIK, and I could well be wrong, as of yesterday afternoon there was £3M on the table. Again, AFAIK, no compensation has yet been paid. (Edit) Or agreed.

Edited by ChapSmurf

If the speculation is true and we're trying to sort compensation for the mini Steves, but we received £4m as per Bruce's contract (and there's nothing explicit in the contracts about what his support staff compensation should be), then honestly I'd say let's just drop it. Not worth protracting this out and detracting from getting our house in order. If however we've been paid anything less than what is there in black and white in paper, then nope... take them to the cleaners DC.

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

If DC hasnt officially accepted the Traitors resignation can it still be deemed he is till a SWFC employee?

If SB was employed as Manager then DC appointing A Head Coach couldn't be construed as constructive dismissal. The relevant timescales would no doubt have some significance.

DC will have everything under control and we must trust him. 

Key word in the statement is "former Sheffield Wednesday staff". Suggests resignations have been accepted, and they are free to leave and join Newcastle United subject to compensation.

Reports suggest Bruce's has been agreed/paid, but the assistants haven't.

Just now, Hirstys Salopettes said:

It doesnt.  

What i am saying is, unless the full amount requested by SWFC is not met, expect the heat to be turned up on the lesser spotted Steve’s (although the third turd is actually a Stephen) 

If they are still technically employed by us, as their resignations have not been accepted, then I can't see how ought to be allowed to work for Newcastle in China. We could take out an injunction from what I've read.

If we are owed, perhaps 1.5M ish, legal fees would wipe that out in no time. Not sure if we can claim full legal fees should we win in court, of course it will also cost ashley loads to defend. We should still go for it imho.

According to talk sport, Bruce had been told como had been agreed, if true they are lying to him already. He should resign.

Where's Katrien when you need her:wacko:

Interesting that the League Managers Association:  one it's six key aims being:

1. To encourage honourable practice, conduct and courtesy in all professional activity

Has a totally uncritical fawning press release from Newcastle on the appointment of Bruce as its first item.

Nice but of hypocrisy.

We're gonna get loads of help from within the game.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

Apparently you have to apply in person to the Chinese embassy for a visa .

Apparently getting an appointment is harder than getting an appointment with your GP.  Not having a go at NHS 

Hopefully he will get lost on the Great Wall and become a recluse. I think that might be safer for him.

This - you can't just rock up to China and be allowed in. Sure - it doesnt take long, and you dont have to be there in person - but there is a processing time of a couple of days (they need to go through all their electronic survellance on you to check you arent going to bring the CPC into disrepute)

We have no idea if Fat Ash has paid any compo. 

If there is money outstanding and DC never excepted their resignations 

then I would expect an injunction heading Fat Ash's way to stop them working 

for Newcastle.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beauchief Owl said:

If they are still technically employed by us, as their resignations have not been accepted, then I can't see how ought to be allowed to work for Newcastle in China. We could take out an injunction from what I've read.

Injunction might be the option for the mini Steve's. If nothing else stops them working until the case is heard and focuses Ashley's attention on compensation as Bruce is lost without them with the season so close.

There is a fair chance it would be overturned in Newcastle's favour, I recall Simon Jordan saying as much when they took out an injunction against Brice at Palace,  but did have the desired effect of forcing compensation.