SWFC Official Statement

Just now, prowl said:

I wonder who we sue Ashley for appointing someone under conract to us or Bruce for breach of contract. As far as I know we can only sue the party to the contract which is Bruce but I don't know how the contract is worded or if special rules apply in football. If we sue Bruce it could cost him a lot.

I would imagine the PL could also be interested here as the whole issue could set a very dangerous precedent re breaking contracts and clubs employing players/managers/coaches still under contract to other clubs (as their resignations have not been accepted).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I would be very surprised if we appoint a manager until this is sorted. Probably would not be seen in our favour if we bring in a new manager. An absolute mess of a situation. No doubt Bullen will be given the job until it’s all sorted :-(

Then I suggest you prepare yourself to be very surprised. There is no way we’ll go into the season with no manager in place, there is absolutely zero legal reason why we cannot appoint someone. Bruce is no longer our employee, the issue is now money.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, alleycat said:

Course we can get a new manager.

Bruce resigned. Would only have been an issue if we'd made the managers job redundant, and even then there's ways around it. 

Not true.

If we’d put him on garden leave and then hired someone else then it probably would have been judged as constructive dismissal

Edit: not saying the first line is not true. I was referring to the second part

Edited by McRightSide

3 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

Then I suggest you prepare yourself to be very surprised. There is no way we’ll go into the season with no manager in place, there is absolutely zero legal reason why we cannot appoint someone. Bruce is no longer our employee, the issue is now money.

I hope you are right. I have a feeling it will be Bullen in charge until it’s sorted though. I really hope I am wrong though.