SWFC Official Statement

Wow.  This sort of enforces something I was told last night by a neighbour who still has some contact with Bruce (from his Hull city days)  I didn't believe it at the time but now it seems there might be some truth.   I was told that Ashley suggested Steve resign and that he would then pay the compo.  It didn't happen. Nowt was paid and apparently the Steve's (all three of them) are absolutely furious because it leaves them in a legal poo hole.  I was also told that the footballing authorities are looking into Ashley from a 'fit & propper' perspective (whatever that means).   This was all 2nd hand info and I have no knowledge myself about what the hell is going on.

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

From what I understand from Nixon and the statement, compensation has been agreed for Bruce and 4m has been paid over. Chansiri wanted more to compensate for Agnew and Clemence. But Newcastle refused to negotiate on that and thought sod it if you want more money, take up legal advice and see you in court. 

Might be wrong, but that's my take. 

You are correct sir. 

And this is is why SWFC needed to make a statement and you were quite right saying so. 

Do not not be surprised if the third Steve  on gardening leave for what was the duration of his SWFC contract.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

Can we still appoint a manager assuming we name them different to the roles the snakes had, if legal action is ongoing?

Yes we can as it will just be a new contract.You can have five managers if you want. 

Just now, bladeshater said:

Just a thought I wonder if the problem is agnew and clemence compensation 

It's what Nixon has been inferring the last couple of days. Newcastle paid £4m for them all but we want more for the mini Steve's.

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

I would be very surprised if we appoint a manager until this is sorted. Probably would not be seen in our favour if we bring in a new manager. An absolute mess of a situation. No doubt Bullen will be given the job until it’s all sorted :-(

Cant see how it cant been seen in our favour... we've been śhíť on so we just have to lie down and take it... how can that be fair. We have the right to bring someone in as we are left with no coach or manager. 

Guest domSWFC

Now they've officially appointed Bruce, if we have yet to agree a composition fee, surely that would be a breach of contract and the full contractual amount is owed? 

Well it's a statement at least.

Sounds now like the money is gonna come as a result of legal proceedings, rather than bank transfer.

Whether that means more money, who knows. It probably means it would be coming any time soon.