On sky transfer centre

BRUCE COSTS NEWCASTLE £4M

Newcastle will pay Sheffield Wednesday in the region of £4m in compensation for Steve Bruce.

It’s understood Wednesday asked Newcastle to include players as part of the deal, which Newcastle refused to do.

Just now, Spencerowl said:

Notnif we have not accepted it which I think is what’s happened 

True.. but we're not the guilty party in all this. Surely we can't be "punished" any further.

Well I said I would wait until everything had been confirmed by Bruce and Chansiri before forming my opinion. 

Well done Mr Chansiri for not letting Ashley and Newcastle walk all over us, and shame on you Bruce and co for walking out and leaving the club who supported you when you were getting abuse and needed time and leaving us to fight for what we should rightfully get. 

I have no no problem with any manager wanting to go and further their career that’s life, but there is a way to act whilst doing that. 

Steve Bruce and his actions are going to make him the most hated manager in England now, and rightly so, Ashley no one liked anyway so he no doubt won’t care one jot. 

Disgraceful Bruce, and I now have no sympathy for the abuse your about to endure from your home town fans. Because for sure they think less of you than we do.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 8

I don't understand. If compensation hasn't been agreed, how can he be unveiled? 

6 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Would appointing a new manager affect any court case, in this scenario? 

I guess our only argument would be that we have a right to have a manager regardless the situation. 

• Agree 1

F..F..S! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

I guess our only argument would be that we have a right to have a manager regardless the situation. 

Doesn't matter if we get a head coach instead of a manager

2 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

On sky transfer centre

Newcastle will pay Sheffield Wednesday in the region of £4m in compensation for Steve Bruce.

It’s understood Wednesday asked Newcastle to include players as part of the deal, which Newcastle refused to do.

I hope those players aren’t the crocks we had on loan 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, DELUDED OWL said:

On sky transfer centre

That seems unlikely if we haven't brought in a manager. Surely we wouldn't stock up on players until we know how the new guy wants to play.

Just now, mark.flem said:

From what I understand from Nixon and the statement, compensation has been agreed for Bruce and 4m has been paid over. Chansiri wanted more to compensate for Agnew and Clemence. But Newcastle refused to negotiate on that and thought sod it if you want more money, take up legal advice and see you in court. 

Might be wrong, but that's my take. 

• Agree 4

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, mark.flem said:

I could start a burger restaurant sellinging 'Big Macs' tomorrow, in theory.

In practice, I'd get absolutely reamed in court shortly afterwards.

lol

Sprouts Direct shareholders likely to be grumbling before this is over, I'd imagine...

:Chansiri:

Edited by Mr. Tom

I am now boycotting Sports Direct until compensation with Wednesday has been agreed. 

• Agree 7

Just now, prowl said:

That seems unlikely if we haven't brought in a manager. Surely we wouldn't stock up on players until we know how the new guy wants to play.

Shoot the messenger, why don't ya :tongue:

3 minutes ago, mark.flem said:

News item with part of the truth only for additional sensationalism.

Go on DC ... full steam ahead ending the short to medium careers of the little Steve’s 

6 minutes ago, poite said:

We should be pointing the finger solely at Mike Ashley.

We shouldnt be naming Newcastle United collectively in this - its disrespectful to their fans who are as much against this move as we are. 

Fair point.

2 minutes ago, mark.flem said:

I'm guessing money has been transferred and Ashley's given it a "That's your lot - fùck off".

DC seemingly wants more or players included?!*

100% guesswork

As far as I am aware if there is a figure in contract (which I understand there is) Necastle will have to pay it. Think its compo for assistants it has stalled on but DC regards as a job lot and think that is fair.

Due to legal situation that is why neither side said anything. If Wednesday looked for a replacement before announcement mad we could have been said to contribute to dismissal.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

From what I understand from Nixon and the statement, compensation has been agreed for Bruce and 4m has been paid over. Chansiri wanted more to compensate for Agnew and Clemence. But Newcastle refused to negotiate on that and thought sod it if you want more money, take up legal advice and see you in court. 

Might be wrong, but that's my take. 

Yep, my take on it too.