SWFC Official Statement

On sky transfer centre

BRUCE COSTS NEWCASTLE £4M

Newcastle will pay Sheffield Wednesday in the region of £4m in compensation for Steve Bruce.

It’s understood Wednesday asked Newcastle to include players as part of the deal, which Newcastle refused to do.

2 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

On sky transfer centre

Newcastle will pay Sheffield Wednesday in the region of £4m in compensation for Steve Bruce.

It’s understood Wednesday asked Newcastle to include players as part of the deal, which Newcastle refused to do.

I hope those players aren’t the crocks we had on loan 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DELUDED OWL said:

On sky transfer centre

That seems unlikely if we haven't brought in a manager. Surely we wouldn't stock up on players until we know how the new guy wants to play.

Just now, mark.flem said:

I don't understand. If compensation hasn't been agreed, how can he be unveiled? 

From what I understand from Nixon and the statement, compensation has been agreed for Bruce and 4m has been paid over. Chansiri wanted more to compensate for Agnew and Clemence. But Newcastle refused to negotiate on that and thought sod it if you want more money, take up legal advice and see you in court. 

Might be wrong, but that's my take. 

3 minutes ago, mark.flem said:

I could start a burger restaurant sellinging 'Big Macs' tomorrow, in theory.

In practice, I'd get absolutely reamed in court shortly afterwards.

lol

Sprouts Direct shareholders likely to be grumbling before this is over, I'd imagine...

:Chansiri:

Edited by Mr. Tom

2 minutes ago, mark.flem said:

I'm guessing money has been transferred and Ashley's given it a "That's your lot - fùck off".

DC seemingly wants more or players included?!*

100% guesswork

As far as I am aware if there is a figure in contract (which I understand there is) Necastle will have to pay it. Think its compo for assistants it has stalled on but DC regards as a job lot and think that is fair.

Due to legal situation that is why neither side said anything. If Wednesday looked for a replacement before announcement mad we could have been said to contribute to dismissal.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

From what I understand from Nixon and the statement, compensation has been agreed for Bruce and 4m has been paid over. Chansiri wanted more to compensate for Agnew and Clemence. But Newcastle refused to negotiate on that and thought sod it if you want more money, take up legal advice and see you in court. 

Might be wrong, but that's my take. 

Yep, my take on it too.

I wonder who we sue Ashley for appointing someone under conract to us or Bruce for breach of contract. As far as I know we can only sue the party to the contract which is Bruce but I don't know how the contract is worded or if special rules apply in football. If we sue Bruce it could cost him a lot.