SWFC Official Statement

1 hour ago, peacock1961 said:

Bit of an aside but a mate of mine had to get a visa for China for a business trip last week. He was sat next to Jan vertongen. I'd have thought that pro footballers would have had someone to sort that stuff out. Apparently it has to be done in person. I know we have a London base, anyone up for a vigil outside the embassy to give judas a bit of stick. 

You have to give fingerprints for a Chinese visa so you have to go in person.

19 minutes ago, londonowl said:

Is that unreasonable?

How about you put the egg on and use the remaining 3 and a half minutes to tie your shoelaces lol

Yeah but do I have to be naked as you suggested in your PM a moment ago?

• Haha 2

It’s started. The comparison with the Hirst saga. 

Jesus. Have a day off lads. 

Im glad we aren’t run by some folk on here. They’d have rolled over at an offer of a Sports Direct mug and a bag for life.

Edited by bigdan2003
  • Haha 1

Steve Bruce is a limited company, so I presume are watertight contracts for both parties benefit. His roll in the company is listed as a Pro Football Manager, with not more than a 50% share

Not sure on the other two, perhaps Bruce paid them through his own company. Or if SWFC paid them direct.

I think that would make a big difference in compo issues.

If Bruce paid them, you have to assume they came as a team and we would have a good case.

If the other two are paid direct by SWFC, then I suppose it would come under run-of-the-mill employment law.

DC would withhold any wages due, but ashley would say don't worry about that I will make it up

It's not straightforward, hence legal advice

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Actually seems a similar situation to the Hirst debacle.

Putting pride before sense. 

Isn't it sensible to be compensated properly rather than rolling over and having our bellies tickled?

It's OK we don't need to sue them, cos we all know when pigs get relegated they'll sue Newcastle on our behalf saying they picked up points with an illegal team leading them and have to pay them £700 million. Tevez and West ham will have to fork out another £100 just to be safe. Am sure they'll let us have some crumbs haha. 

In all seriousness Ashley handles businesses agreements disgracefully, from his normal businesses to the football club. I can understand a bit of tapping up,it seems the norm, but once you've decided on your man you pay the cost of that. He's underhand in everything and DC does right holding them to account, whether that be for SB or just the little Steves.  He sound submit that we've missed out on signings and club cohesion following this debacle. Get as much as he can from the cheeky monkey. I'm sure the Newcastle fans would whole heartedly agree. 

As for SB, we'll if Newcastle was the aim as the dream, then why did he turn down approaches twice before in his managerial career and state when joining Sunderland he had no affinity or desire to manage Newcastle (obv I know why for the latter! But that doesn't suit. My point so I'm disregarding that) The man's a turncoat of the hughest order. I ain't angry just disappointed, but I must be judging with a higher sense of morals. Haha. 

Just catching up with the thread after work, but looks like no compensation's been agreed or paid for any of the 3 Steves.

Or why even mention Bruce with the others?

Despite what's being reported, that's how the official statement reads.

4 hours ago, alleycat said:

The statement says former staff so I think we can take it that they are no longer employed by SWFC. 

Whether Bruce claims for constructive dismissal or not (and he won't, as it's not) has absolutely no relevance to whether we can employ a new manager or not. 

We can. 

Think you’ve misunderstood me there...

52 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Steve Bruce is a limited company, so I presume are watertight contracts for both parties benefit. His roll in the company is listed as a Pro Football Manager, with not more than a 50% share

Not sure on the other two, perhaps Bruce paid them through his own company. Or if SWFC paid them direct.

If Bruce paid them, you have to assume they came as a team and we would have a good case.

If the other two are paid direct by SWFC, then I suppose it would come under run-of-the-mill employment law.

DC would withhold any wages due, but ashley would say don't worry about that I will make it up

If he's a limited company I don't think he can sue for constructive dismissal. It would have to be breach of contract. Difficult to see how we have breached the contract, by his own admission he was told there was no money. He also stated publicly he was going because it was his boyhood club not because we were in breach of contract.

Edited by prowl

Guest mkowl

Anyone think Ashley has deeper pockets to fight this. Don't you think the Chansiri family - that come from a culture where honour and respect is paramount - would not assist if need be.

Guest mkowl
1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

I don't think he would be paid for his football manager work via a limited company. HMRC would be all over that. Maybe used for commercial stuff he does outside his main contract

1 hour ago, markowl said:

Isn't it sensible to be compensated properly rather than rolling over and having our bellies tickled?

A £4 million belly tickle? 

Its a fair amount. Don't see how anyone could argue otherwise