SWFC Official Statement

Just now, FinnishOwl said:

I think the other two Steves are much more important than people realise.

Exactly my thoughts.

The statement read: “The Club is disappointed to learn via public statement issued by Newcastle United that it has appointed former Sheffield Wednesday staff Steve Bruce, Steve Agnew and Steve Clemence.

They may well have paid for Bruce..

8 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Depends if we have accepted the 4million payment or sent it back because it complicates legal proceedings.

If the latter it seems like cutting of the nose to spite the face 

I just don’t see how getting what we’re legally entitled to is cutting anything off to spite anything but fair enough. Certainly wouldn’t distract me and I’d doubt the manager/team would be paying much attention.

10 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

I agree with. Beholder. No one is saying the situation is 100% just, rather that the extra money we might get is not as valuable as getting HMS PTL out of the harbour. This will be the same as the annual Fessi season starting distraction - a drain on the energy and ultimately the reputation of the Club. 

DC has been amazing in his commitment to the Owls but he does have attachment issues - hence we don’t sell players and hold on to managers too long - including this one! 

Agree as long as we do have the 4 million the time and effort spent trying to get more money out of them may be counter productive - concentrate on a new manager and getting any player sales and purchases sorted while we still have time.

We’re not just going to not bother finding a new manager and recruiting players in order to take legal action. It will be a meeting or two with the clubs lawyers to get things going. Amazingly, both things will already be well underway. Shrug. 

11 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I just don’t see how getting what we’re legally entitled to is cutting anything off to spite anything but fair enough. Certainly wouldn’t distract me and I’d doubt the manager/team would be paying much attention.

Returning the money because accepting it means accepting the offer.

Do you think that would be objective and rational and  justified ?

Or would it be a rash decision based on saving face? 

All hypothetical of course, but what else do have to go on in this forum.

Just now, Beholder said:

Returning the money because accepting it means accepting the offer.

Do you think that would be objective and rational and  justified ?

Or would it be a rash decision based on saving face? 

All hypothetical of course, but what else do have to go on in this forum.

We’re taking legal advice and will the act upon that advice. Ashley can’t just chuck us some money and consider it done. If returning it was the correct legal position to take then yes it was very objective, rational and justified. However we don’t know. I’m saying let’s take measured action, you’re saying just sack it off.

Just now, Sonny said:

We’re taking legal advice and will the act upon that advice. Ashley can’t just chuck us some money and consider it done. If returning it was the correct legal position to take then yes it was very objective, rational and justified. However we don’t know. I’m saying let’s take measured action, you’re saying just sack it off.

Im saying it's not measured action.

Not all legal action is measured action. 

In this case , given the info we are hearing from Nixon et al, I don't think it is.

4 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Hopefully the Chairman knows what he's doing and his ego doesn't cost us, ala Hirst.

Newcastle and Cabbage head stink regardless.

Actually seems a similar situation to the Hirst debacle.

Putting pride before sense. 

3 hours ago, nuneatonowl1 said:

This 100%.  Was saying this the other day. Chansiri / Thais are very much big on respect and he’ll take this as a massive personal thing.  He’s got money and I believe will take it a lot further. If Ashley thought he’s stubborn I reckon he’s about to meet someone who will take it up a notch 

Agree mate. Ashley is up against someone of principle rather just another person who could be bought off. The money will not be important. Ashley has not a hope in hell of even comprehending this.

• Like 2