SWFC Official Statement

For me this is an example of DC taking the whole thing personally and as a consequence insisting on a pedantic interpretation of the contract to communicate how angry he is.

Or to put it more simply, cutting off his nose to spite his face.

Dragging this out any longer is not worth the shlt that goes with it. 

Just my opinion

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Beholder said:

For me this is an example of DC taking the whole thing personally and as a consequence insisting on a pedantic interpretation of the contract to communicate how angry he is.

Just my opinion

Pedantic interpretation = wanting the money we are entitled to as stated in the contract signed by Bruce and his staff.

Ok then. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Just my opinion

Pedantic interpretation ??  He’s asking for compensation for the manager and his staff ??    Newcastle think they can make there own rules up ?    What are you suggesting ? We do Newcastle a favour and just let them walk all over us ?

Just now, Royal_D said:

Pedantic interpretation ??  He’s asking for compensation for the manager and his staff ??    Newcastle think they can make there own rules up ?    What are you suggesting ? We do Newcastle a favour and just let them walk all over us ?

4 million compo is as much as Derby got for Lampard 

Hardly waking all over us.

7 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Just my opinion

TBF I'm 100% with DC on this and I've taken it a little personal after the way SB and NUFC have behaved towards to us.

Edited by Ray Von shabba

Just now, Beholder said:

How do u know they’ve paid 4mill ? Or anything at all , would you trust MA if he said he was transferring you some cash 

1 minute ago, Ray Von shabba said:

TBF I'm 100% with DC on this and I've taken it a little person after the way SB has behaved to us.

Unless he sent it back, we are 4 million richer than before SB arrived.

Thats a good outcome. And well done DC for holding out for that. But to drag it on longer for the little Steves seems ridiculous to me.

Now just appoint a manager and put it behind us.

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

How do u know they’ve paid 4mill ? Or anything at all , would you trust MA if he said he was transferring you some cash 

How do I know anything? Certainly not from SWFC statements.

it's been a figure mentioned by a number of sources. Simon Jordan, Nixon. It's all we have to go on.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Yes, but if Bruce and his assistants contracts are worth more than Newcastle should pay up.

Oh, and Bruce is a far more experienced than Lampard.

If we are entitled to more than I don't think we can be overly critical of the club for pursuing it. Say if it came out that we accepted less than what Bruce and co's contracts were worth. You just know there would be those on here putting the boot into the club for letting the manager go for less than they should have done. 

With some people the club cant win. 

Edited by SiJ

Just now, Beholder said:

How do I know anything? Certainly not from SWFC statements.

it's been a figure mentioned by a number of sources. Simon Jordan, Nixon. It's all we have to go on.

Precisely, all conjecture.

Reading the club statement says to me he's not been released from his contract yet.

But again we don't know anything concrete do we.

27 minutes ago, nuneatonowl1 said:

This 100%.  Was saying this the other day. Chansiri / Thais are very much big on respect and he’ll take this as a massive personal thing.  He’s got money and I believe will take it a lot further. If Ashley thought he’s stubborn I reckon he’s about to meet someone who will take it up a notch 

Yes, losing face in Thailand and many other Asian countries, is very bad and a sign of weakness or lack of respect from others. If one person challenges something, how many others believe it, but do not act and all that kind of thing. Also in may Asian countries people in positions of power expect to get what they want and when they don't they can be very unpredictable and are not averse to throwing a strop in public or behind closed doors. The more cultured and controlled people, are inclined to wait as long as it takes to execute the perfect act of revenge and if DC has a mind for it I would definitely not bet against Ashley taking a tumble in the not too distant future.  

Being honourable and respectful also used to be a very English/British thing and was practised by 'people of good manners' and in pretty much all English sports, which, before football were largely played and ruled over by 'people of good manners'. Indeed it has been cited that the English FA have argued for many years that FIFA was corrupt and that our lack of corruption and unwillingness to offer bribes to prominent officials had stopped us from having another World Cup since 1966. Yet there is still an intrinsic corruption within our own FA and League system from the top officials, referees, clubs and so on, all the way down to the players and fans. It was originally taken for granted that players would play and conduct themselves honestly and act with respect for their competitors, the officials and the spectators and is even written in to the rules of the game for football players and the league rules for the teams. Unfortunately football quickly became regarded as a slightly more uncouth sport and has become less and less honourable year on year. Now practically every team and practically every player, shows very little respect for their fellow players, competitors, the officials, or the rules, with very few teams conducting themselves within the true spirit of the game, or in a way that should befit a member team of the English Football League. Many teams appear to have a well practised style of cheating and against weak officials are happy to take every opportunity to stretch and bend the rules without any consideration for the league rules and guidelines, their competitors, the officials, or the paying public, who have to watch their bad mannered, childish, nasty, anti football antics. If league rules and player rules were adhered to closely and properly policed by the football league and the FA we would not be in the horrible situation now, where every player cheats as much as possible and tries to get away with as much as they can until stopped from doing so, usually right at the end of a game when maximum advantage has been made by their cheating and any bookings or sendings off provide minimal reward for the team that has been cheated against for the majority of the game. As for the greater game, we too have twisted the rules and used loopholes in the system, which can hardly be classed as playing or participating within the best spirit of the game, or showing respect for your fellow competitors. OK precedent had already been set, regarding selling off bits of the club and let's face it, the teams that have been mentioned recently for selling their grounds, like Derby County and Aston Villa, were not the first to do so by a long way. Leeds, Coventry and I dare say that there is a list of others had already sold their grounds.

So unfortunately, although we hold the moral highground regarding Bruce, we are not without sins ourselves are we?

Stuff him and his assistants, I never liked him, until I was forced to change my tune and actually started to like the idea that we had Bruce on our side. I hope somebody has put his whining son right on the matter too, because he should have know better than us that his dad is actually  a stinking rat dressed up as a pumkin. I now wish him every future failure in every aspect of his life from now on in, the lying Judas!

Go get him Dejphon.

:Chansiri:

• Like 2

Just now, SiJ said:

Yes, but if Bruce and his assistants contracts are worth more than Newcastle should pay up.

Oh, and Bruce is a far more experienced than Lampard.

If we are entitled to more than I don't think we can br overly critical of the club not pursuing it. Say if it came out that we accepted less than what Bruce and cos contracts worth. You just know there would be those on here putting the boot into the club for letting the manager go for less his worth. 

With some people the club cant win. 

I'm happy with 4 million.

It's alot for a manager. I'm surprised MA has paid it.

It really is time to move on imo. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Unless he sent it back, we are 4 million richer than before SB arrived.

Thats a good outcome. And well done DC for holding out for that. But to drag it on longer for the little Steves seems ridiculous to me.

Now just appoint a manager and put it behind us.

We can appoint a manager and just let the lawyers do their thing. Doesn’t seem that ridiculous to me if it gets us money that we are due.

• Like 1

Maybe that’s what the legal ‘advice’ is for ,  Chansiri will be advised if there’s a case or not and take it from there , the fact he’s seeking advice tells me he must have a strong position on this though 

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

We can appoint a manager and just let the lawyers do their thing. Doesn’t seem that ridiculous to me if it gets us money that we are due.

Depends if we have accepted the 4million payment or sent it back because it complicates legal proceedings.

If the latter it seems like cutting of the nose to spite the face 

• Haha 1

I agree with. Beholder. No one is saying the situation is 100% just, rather that the extra money we might get is not as valuable as getting HMS PTL out of the harbour. This will be the same as the annual Fessi season starting distraction - a drain on the energy and ultimately the reputation of the Club. 

DC has been amazing in his commitment to the Owls but he does have attachment issues - hence we don’t sell players and hold on to managers too long - including this one! 

Its starting to get difficult to keep up with the drama, if I'm right so far our best guess is bruce had a 4million release clause which ashley eventually paid, they then all resigned and signed at newcastle, the sticking point being the more useless steves presumably did not have release clauses as nobody would be expected to poach them so we are unhappy with how newcastle have poached them and want extra cash for them. 

I hope DC drags him though the mire and gets more out of the scumbag for the 2 mini Steves.

Point of principal, the fat twa.t needs teaching a lesson.

What is more..   I WOULD LOVE IT, I SAY I WOULD LOVE IT, IF THE NEW MANAGER WON PROMOTION WITH THE TEAM SB HAS SHAPED.

That would be the icing on the cake.

• Like 1