Bruce Confirmed

9 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Shouldn’t need legal advice to make a short statement.

Actually (and I am a lawyer), if there was any ongoing issue about Bruce's SWFC contract I would be advising the club not to say anything, and would be pissed off if comms weren't being run past me. We'd be concentrating on the legal side of it.

If there is no ongoing legal issue, maybe there will be a statement later. I don't really care what the club says or doesn't say about Bruce in those circumstances (if I was a lawyer advising the club I'd be suggesting we didn't call him a judas cheeky monkey or words to that effect).

Edited by WC1Owl
  • Like 4

Just now, 2roland2 said:

Why are you talking about me yet again? Is there something wrong with your ability to not be able to just talk about football or the topic? 

I disagreed with your post because as usual it was another pop at a poster and not about football.

its pathetic just give over and concentrate on the topic and not posters 

Coming from someone who's negged every one of my posts. Hardly concentrating on the topic and not the poster. Hypocrite.

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Shouldn’t need legal advice to make a short statement.

Tend to disagree with this Sal.

Employment law is a minefield and we currently have the upper hand.

To release a knee jerk statement that may contain something Ashley's team would jump on would be suicidal at this stage.

DC playing it right for me.

I guess if you meant 'Steve Bruce has left the club' then OK but we all ready know that and basically that's all we know about the circumstances.

Just now, Ray Von shabba said:

[snip]

I guess if you meant 'Steve Bruce has left the club' then OK but we all ready know that and basically that's all we know about the circumstances.

If we wanted to hold Bruce to his contract (eg gardening leave) it would possibly be unhelpful to release a statement saying he's left the club.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Good flipping riddance I say

I know he's a bloke doing his job but what grates on me is absolutely no mention of him sh*tting on us or having his head turned by Ashley ...

Load of cobblers

Bruce hated more than Jos Wilder now and rightly so.

Hopefully the next candidate we install will be a loyal one and one that gets us flying cos we need it now

Fixed it for you. I hope when we do release a statement we include the picture of him in his shorts with his gut out to accompany it.

6 minutes ago, WC1Owl said:

Actually (and I am a lawyer), if there was any ongoing issue about Bruce's SWFC contract I would be advising the club not to say anything, and would be pissed off if comms weren't being run past me. We'd be concentrating on the legal side of it.

If there is no ongoing legal issue, maybe there will be a statement later. I don't really care what the club says or doesn't say about Bruce in those circumstances (if I was a lawyer advising the club I'd be suggesting we didn't call him a judas cheeky monkey or words to that effect).

Good point but I still think it’s possible to make a short statement informing paying customers what is happening in regards to the club. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

SiJ has just never recovered from that time I almost ended his Owlstalk career. 

I can’t blame him really, i’d hold a grudge too. 

Yep, that was tremendous levels of flouncing. You played that well.

Although you are being a bit of a whiny ballbag the last few weeks though so, you know, chill out.

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What you guys get paid to talk poo on here?  I just do it for fun! 

1 minute ago, Adem Poric said:

Yep, that was tremendous levels of flouncing. You played that well.

Although you are being a bit of a whiny ballbag the last few weeks though so, you know, chill out.

Probably. Might have to come bug everyone in the dressing room section again, need a break from match day. 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Good point but I still think it’s possible to make a short statement informing paying customers what is happening in regards to the club. 

You know when you're discussing possible legal ramifications with a lawyer and you find yourself saying 'Good point but...'?

That's when you know you're really on to a winner.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 5

Just now, 2roland2 said:

One downvote because it was having a pop at other posters, and again you are taking it off topic. Now you have three for doing the same with me. 

It’s  pathetic grow up. 

Put him on ignore.

If you can’t and feel a post should be reported, do so - but then leave it to the mods. Don’t comment. 

But if you can’t do that - and want to ask him questions - take it to PM. Other members don’t want threads constantly being derailed.

• Thanks 1

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Tbf, it is more the endless stream of diatribe, but yes, you won da internetz dat day. 

• Haha 1

Honour is a two way street. Our owner treats people like dirt. Players like George Hirst suffered terribly at the hands of the little corperal. Whatever he was called, the chap before Bruce, was treated jn a similar manner. 

We can't even put our accounts in on time because there was something very wrong with them. More time was needed to make them legal no doubt 

Wednesday are a  club that attracts dishonor. It started with Swan etc over 50 years ago and still we aren't clean. 

Bruce has acted in the same manner as. Our owner 

I find both people to be deplorable. But the little corperal can't have it both ways 

Maybe it's time to start treating people with respect. 

• Haha 3