Jump to content

Recommended Posts

There'll be a statement when Sheffield Wednesday are ready to make one. We shouldn't be pressured into doing stuff because of the sh*thousery of Mike Ashley and Steve flippin Bruce. 

 

A statement won't change anything. What do folk expect from this statement? It will only confirm what we already know anyway. If anything, it'll give the usual suspects another excuse to moan because it won't say what they want it to say. 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, markowl said:

Really?

 

You've actually sat and typed that after the personal stuff you used to post when you were trying to get into Big Guns' gang?

 

Wow.

Don't embarrass yrself with this nonsense markowl.

 

There is more to life than owlstalk grudges.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mkowl said:

 

Although some form of deal has had to be negotiated - for him to be employed by another club 

Depends how watertight his contract here was. We are presuming a lot here about a contract and release clause we haven’t seen. 

 

Ashley is no fool, and I suspect he has some very smart people working for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Beholder said:

Don't embarrass yrself with this nonsense markowl.

 

There is more to life than owlstalk grudges.

No grudge.

 

Just pointing out your hypocrisy.

 

Hope that helps....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Id be more than happy not hearing anything from DC until he appoints our new manager . Bruce is a tw&t , we dont need a statement from DC to tell us that.

 

Let the man get on with the job in hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Agenda? 

 

Nah.

 

Think you've ended up becoming a bit of a parody of yourself. Falling over yourself to find fault with every little thing the club does or hasn't even done.

 

Barely 15 minutes have past since Newcastle confirm and you're on the clubs case for not releasing a statement.

 

It must be exhausting getting outraged at everything, real or not. 

 

Maybe just maybe I think the club needs to be better? We are kept in the dark over a number of things. People are quick to accuse Bruce of all sorts but swear loyalty to the club. This isn’t the first time things have gone pear shaped under Chansiri, so I’m sorry if I’m a bit skeptical about the circumstances of Bruce’s departure. 

 

I have always praised Chansiri’s efforts and dedication to the club. But I think silence over this shows poor communication and leadership. 

 

It’s an opinion on a football forum. Why do you always have to make it so personal? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there's any ongoing legal issue, that may mean a statement wouldn't be helpful at this point.

 

If there isn't, I'm happy for the club not to be issuing an insincere boilerplate statement thanking Bruce for his service.

 

Although it would possibly be funny to issue a statement saying, "The club can confirm that Steve Bruce no longer works here."

Edited by WC1Owl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

There'll be a statement when Sheffield Wednesday are ready to make one. We shouldn't be pressured into doing stuff because of the sh*thousery of Mike Ashley and Steve flippin Bruce. 

 

A statement won't change anything. What do folk expect from this statement? It will only confirm what we already know anyway. If anything, it'll give the usual suspects another excuse to moan because it won't say what they want it to say. 

 

 

 

 

Presumably the statement should read we have accepted a payment from Newcastle to release Steve Bruce from the club, we wish him well in his future endeavours (cough, cough), we are now looking for a new manager and hope to update the most important people to the club the fans by the end of this week.

 

Even this is better than what we currently have a club being completely silent about anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Hes been there for a whole 20 minutes, has he walked out on them for an offer that suits him better yet? 

 

If by some miracle he wins a few games early on and ole loses a few he'll be on phone to his agent after a move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Presumably the statement should read we have accepted a payment from Newcastle to release Steve Bruce from the club, we wish him well in his future endeavours (cough, cough), we are now looking for a new manager and hope to update the most important people to the club the fans by the end of this week.

 

Even this is better than what we currently have a club being completely silent about anything.

 

What if we haven't accepted a payment? And what if we don't wish him well?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Parody my arse.

 

Really is no need to make everything personal. 

 

Calling for a statement is completely legitimate in these circumstances doesn't mean anything about the poster in question.

 

 

You're one to talk. 

 

Is suggesting someone has become a parody of themselves on an internet forum all that personal? 

 

If that causes so much offence then perhaps the internet isn't for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For all those crying about a lack of statement...

 

Perhaps there might be a statement later today? 

 

Just a thought. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Presumably the statement should read we have accepted a payment from Newcastle to release Steve Bruce from the club, we wish him well in his future endeavours (cough, cough), we are now looking for a new manager and hope to update the most important people to the club the fans by the end of this week.

 

Even this is better than what we currently have a club being completely silent about anything.

Maybe the club is a little tied up at the minute trying to find a new manager, considering there is under 3 weeks until the season starts. 

 

What is the point of issuing a statement that says, we are looking for a manager, when quite clearly, we are looking for a manager.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When this emerged at the end of last week I was gutted for the day. Everything is easier after sleeping on it. He wasn’t as committed to the club and fans as he said, its a let off in my eyes, good riddance,  We are Sheffield Wednesday not Steve Bruce FC, he will soon be forgotten, Our main concern is getting the right man in to replace him, fingers crossed UTO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

 

Maybe just maybe I think the club needs to be better? We are kept in the dark over a number of things. People are quick to accuse Bruce of all sorts but swear loyalty to the club. This isn’t the first time things have gone pear shaped under Chansiri, so I’m sorry if I’m a bit skeptical about the circumstances of Bruce’s departure. 

 

I have always praised Chansiri’s efforts and dedication to the club. But I think silence over this shows poor communication and leadership. 

 

It’s an opinion on a football forum. Why do you always have to make it so personal? 

He does have a point you always post negative crap just my opinion but crack on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...