Bruce Confirmed

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Personally don’t think it is. Our silence is very bizarre. 

No doubt the mob will jump down my throat for that. Hopefully we hear a little something from the club today in regards to whether we have a manager and whether we are under an embargo.

No need for the last bit at all really was there in a steve bruce thread?

Your obsession, no sorry hatred, of chansiri is very bizarre too and I still believe it is deeper than just business matters.

2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Yet turned them down twice before and managed Sunderland whilst his Dad was alive to see it. 

Maybe he had a rethink when his dad died.

Or perhaps it was what his Dad asked him to do on his death bed, manage newcastle for me in my memory type of thing.

Who knows.

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

No need for the last bit at all really was there in a steve bruce thread?

Your obsession, no sorry hatred, of chansiri is very bizarre too and I still believe it is deeper than just business matters.

Really not fair to accuse someone on having agenda for simply having an opinion.

Like I’ve said, people choose to ignore the parts where I’ve praised DC. 

21 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I’m assuming this means Chansiri has got the compensation he wanted

If we appoint a good manager we will have come out of this very well

Decent compo, a new decent manager

Its time to crack on

Not sure. They resigned, and I reckon Ashley and Bruce will take their chances in court. 

Everyone is presuming Wednesday know what’s going on. They probably had no idea Bruce was getting announced this morning. 

3 employees resigned and have now take other jobs. A bit like the Hirst situation, lots of clubs, managers etc will be closely watching this one. If Newcastle and Bruce get away with this cheaply, it could open the floodgates for the rest of the game. 

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Really not fair to accuse someone on having agenda for simply having an opinion.

Like I’ve said, people choose to ignore the parts where I’ve praised DC. 

I honestly can't see how SWFC releasing a statement saying exactly what the NUFC statement says makes any difference to us.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

If we got 4 million for him, it beats the three million pound record for an outgoing transfer (Chris Brunt). Doubt any other top club's record transfer is for the manager.

My understanding is that after the sell on clause when he moved to Juventus, Darko Kovacevic was our highest transfer fee 'received' at something in the region of £4.5m (although at least one source questioned whether we ever got the full amount).

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

Not sure. They resigned, and I reckon Ashley and Bruce will take their chances in court. 

Everyone is presuming Wednesday know what’s going on. They probably had no idea Bruce was getting announced this morning. 

3 employees resigned and have now take other jobs. A bit like the Hirst situation, lots of clubs, managers etc will be closely watching this one. If Newcastle and Bruce get away with this cheaply, it could open the floodgates for the rest of the game. 

Sounds feasible. Either way, feel for Chansiri who finally thought he'd found a winner. Totally behind him and don't think he'll allow us to be taken for a ride.