Bruce Confirmed

The statement, or lack of thus far is clearly the chairman's decision. However, the fact that they're still on the site as Swfc employees to me imho suggests we've been advised to say and do jack right now, so we're not implicated. I don't think we've heard the last of this. 

I do think Ashley has simply thought feck this, I'm not waiting any longer. I'll set him on, and deal with any ramifications later. 

14 minutes ago, WC1Owl said:

Actually (and I am a lawyer), if there was any ongoing issue about Bruce's SWFC contract I would be advising the club not to say anything, and would be pissed off if comms weren't being run past me. We'd be concentrating on the legal side of it.

If there is no ongoing legal issue, maybe there will be a statement later. I don't really care what the club says or doesn't say about Bruce in those circumstances (if I was a lawyer advising the club I'd be suggesting we didn't call him a judas cheeky monkey or words to that effect).

I agree a professional stance should be taken  -  Thank Mr Bruce for his contribution and for spending our transfer budget and wish him well in his new job however temporary it may be 

• Haha 1

I think any statement can wait and be short and simple, 

Hopefully along the lines of 

"We're pleased to announce that xxxxx xxxxxx is our new manager, has a wealth of experience etc etc etc...……………………………………………………...

etc...……..

etc...…..

Ps, Steve's have left 

2 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

Honour is a two way street. Our owner treats people like dirt. Players like George Hirst suffered terribly at the hands of the little corperal. Whatever he was called, the chap before Bruce, was treated jn a similar manner. 

We can't even put our accounts in on time because there was something very wrong with them. More time was needed to make them legal no doubt 

Wednesday are a  club that attracts dishonor. It started with Swan etc over 50 years ago and still we aren't clean. 

Bruce has acted in the same manner as. Our owner 

I find both people to be deplorable. But the little corperal can't have it both ways 

Maybe it's time to start treating people with respect. 

Brilliantly bonkers and with no bearing on reality, as always. Bravo!

You really should learn to spell 'corporal', though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Presumably the statement should read we have accepted a payment from Newcastle to release Steve Bruce from the club, we wish him well in his future endeavours (cough, cough), we are now looking for a new manager and hope to update the most important people to the club the fans by the end of this week.

Even this is better than what we currently have a club being completely silent about anything.

So basically confirming what we already know. I don’t want us to wish him well. He’s just sh*t on us. Why would any Wednesday fan want us to release a statement thanking him? 

As I said. Releasing a statement, telling us what we already know doesn’t do anything. They will release one mind, but not in the timescales folk on here crave. 

I agree with Biggsy on this one. 

BD8A7A0C-841A-4F4E-A421-4DC0A2583CAE.jpeg

11 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

One downvote because it was having a pop at other posters, and again you are taking it off topic. Now you have three for doing the same with me. 

It’s  pathetic grow up. 

It's not a down vote. It means disagree. Learn the reactions.

• Haha 1

Just now, marshy said:

The statement, or lack of thus far is clearly the chairman's decision. However, the fact that they're still on the site as Swfc employees to me imho suggests we've been advised to say and do jack right now, so we're not implicated. I don't think we've heard the last of this. 

I do think Ashley has simply thought feck this, I'm not waiting any longer. I'll set him on, and deal with any ramifications later. 

well according to professed itkers on here we have the cash in the bank  if we dont then surel we now have to issue an injuction as Jordan did when he fecked palace over and fight over the amount 

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Good point but I still think it’s possible to make a short statement informing paying customers what is happening in regards to the club. 

OFFICIAL STATEMENT

Steve Bruce as you know has pissed off to Newcastle after handing in his resignation whilst coming to an agreement with NUFC for a satisfactory settlement for his departure from SWFC.

We would like to thank him for the small contribution whilst he was here and wish him no luck at all in the future.

We would like to also stress we are working around the clock to bring in a replacement for the fat arsehole so we can get them with the team as soon as possible. 

Thanks, kiss kiss. Mr Chansiri. 

15 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Good point but I still think it’s possible to make a short statement informing paying customers what is happening in regards to the club. 

Oh, Sally should wait.

And not look back in anger.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bigdan2003 said:

So basically confirming what we already know. I don’t want us to wish him well. He’s just sh*t on us. Why would any Wednesday fan want us to release a statement thanking him? 

As I said. Releasing a statement, telling us what we already know doesn’t do anything. They will release one mind, but not in the timescales folk on here crave. 

I agree with Biggsy on this one. 

BD8A7A0C-841A-4F4E-A421-4DC0A2583CAE.jpeg

Instead lets stay silent it not like the new season kicks off in less than 3 weeks.

What Bruce and NUFC have done is a disgrace, but we have been paid a lot of money for a manager who will be sacked in 3 months.

Lets get on with it get a decent manager in, let try and get the kits release before the season starts, we need a left back and right winger and a few more in any injuries in the centre back area or on the wingers and we are playing people out of position.

Lets not hide away and stay silent let the fans know we are looking for a new manager and what the time scale is.

One thing, and it may be nothing, I picked up on on the twitter and facebook posts by NUFC was the wording - "We can now announce...." - sounds as if the compo issue has been resolved and NUFC arent expecting further action, such as legal challenges from us?

Could be nothing, mind....

Just now, room0035 said:

Instead lets stay silent it not like the new season kicks off in less than 3 weeks.

What Bruce and NUFC have done is a disgrace, but we have been paid a lot of money for a manager who will be sacked in 3 months.

Lets get on with it get a decent manager in, let try and get the kits release before the season starts, we need a left back and right winger and a few more in any injuries in the centre back area or on the wingers and we are playing people out of position.

Lets not hide away and stay silent let the fans know we are looking for a new manager and what the time scale is.

How do you know we’ve been paid? 

5 minutes ago, steelowl said:

well according to professed itkers on here we have the cash in the bank  if we dont then surel we now have to issue an injuction as Jordan did when he fecked palace over and fight over the amount 

It was according to Alan Nixon tbf.