If the Newcastle move collapses .

We know what the fans think.

However, if I were a player or the Chairman, I'd be mightily stung by the whole episode and I'd be less inclined to be motivated or trusting of such a character.

So, I suspect from the fans', players' and chairman's point of view, the answers would all be the same emphatic... "NO!"

No. When we appointed him I had mixed feelings about him. On the one hand a name, an experienced manager and knowledge of the division. On the hand his track record for doing ... well ... this. I convinced myself he was through this phase because I was so enamoured with the other qualities. I've had those illusions well and truly dismantled and he can go and ply his mercenary, disloyal and nomadic trade somewhere else.

What I can't get my head around is why at his age would he want all this hassle. He has turned a whole football club against him when we only ever gave him our full support

It's not as if Newcastle fans are welcoming him with open arms either. Most can't stand him and want him nowhere near their club and not forgetting the basket case of an owner who has only turned to him after all the other options turned him down

I just don't get it. It can't be for the money either as according to reports he's getting less than what he's on here

He has left me with a bitter taste in the mouth. I really liked the bloke and he had started to turn us around and I felt we finally had a manager that knew what he was doing. What a way to go and destroy your reputation and turn two sets of loyal fans against you in the process and for what?

16 hours ago, Quist said:

I do think DC would have him back but only as a stuffed ornament beside the elephant.

I am a tolerant bloke who excepts not much loyalty in football but if he has done as reported and engineered move himself I would only employ him as human canon ball for party in the park next year and would either auction off write to fair canon or have a raffle with lucky winner getting to fire canon. To make him feel at home I would have canon parked in direction of St James Park.

Only job I would give him is human beday in kop toilets on match day. Plus give Fishcake a box of laxatives to keep him busy. WTF: