Northampton - V - Wednesday Friendly omdt

19 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I accept that we don't need to know everything that goes on at the club but when everyone and their Auntie are reporting that the manager and his two assistants have resigned then I don't think it's too much to ask for the club to clarify the situation?

The thing is, if we say "Bruce and do have tendered their resignation", it then leads to further questions: have we accepted it? Answer might be no, or a more informative, "not yet", which is turn leads to why not?

If you start giving interim statements you might as well carry out your negotiations on sky or Twitter. 

Keep it in house until there's something definitive to say. Even if it does frustrate the hell out of most of us fans.

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

No interviews by staff or players at the end of the game. 

As I expected 

Club just don’t seem comfortable announcing this for some reason , must be legal orientated 

No interviews isn’t the best. We’ve literally been left in the dark. I gather Bullen wouldn’t have been able to talk openly about everything but it’s going to be at least 48 hours tomorrow morning since our manager has reportedly resigned, would be nice to know something. 

Just now, Tamworthowl said:

The thing is, if we say "Bruce and do have tendered their resignation", it then leads to further questions: have we accepted it? Answer might be no, or a more informative, "not yet", which is turn leads to why not?

If you start giving interim statements you might as well carry out your negotiations on sky or Twitter. 

Keep it in house until there's something definitive to say. Even if it does frustrate the hell out of most of us fans.

And it's really pissìng off Sky.

:Chansiri:

4 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

Why do people feel entitled to information even when it's quite clear it won't be in our club's interest to give it?

It's the age it is, where social media is full of people telling you every little thing they do on a 5 minutely basis. People now expect to be told everything and be able to find out when people have had a sh*t, on demand.

1 minute ago, ``` said:

And it's really pissìng off Sky.

:Chansiri:

Seems a good reason to keep quiet.

No reason Bullen shouldn't speak to the local press about team matters but say he can't go into other matters. Easy to say 'I'm sorry I can't answer that'. It would be a bit pointless though.

3 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

Why do people feel entitled to information even when it's quite clear it won't be in our club's interest to give it?

I think everyone understands we can’t talk about the Bruce situation. But surely Bullen could have spoken about pre season, the match itself and the players. 

3 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

I think everyone understands we can’t talk about the Bruce situation. But surely Bullen could have spoken about pre season, the match itself and the players. 

Do you really think if he goes into a press conference or talks to a journo, he would be asked anything remotely about actual football?

Ollie has told me he is keen to know how we get on tonight.

Thinks we should start with Fletcher and Joao up front with Fernando on the left. Thinks the movement and trickery of Joao and Nando will create space and chances for Fletcher.

Says he wouldn’t mind a phone call from Mr C.

He was stood on a chair at the time. Asked why, he said his agent told him he should speak highly of Wednesday whilst the job was available.

• Haha 5