Jump to content
Lord Snooty

Northampton - V - Wednesday Friendly omdt

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Wouldn’t mind that in theory as Lampard and Gerrard are doing ok so far, but which other ex-pros look capable of making it big in management (beyond John Terry, who I don’t want anywhere near Hillsborough)? Wouldn’t want Scholes or Gary Neville.

 

Agree, I just mentioned in another thread how maybe Zola might be earmarked as an assistant to someone younger, like Terry or Gattuso. Chansiri and advisers may have seen the impact of Lampard and Gerrard and feel that is the way to go for us.  Someone mentioned that Chansiri had approached a talented young manager so it might be true 

Edited by Owls-Fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Borner looked very composed at centre half, passing out short and long without once losing possession.

Rhodes finish was clinical and Harris might be the catalyst to help him

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

 

Agree, I just mentioned in another thread how maybe Zola might be earmarked as an assistant to someone younger, like Terry or Gattuso. Chansiri and advisers may have seen the impact of Lampard and Gerrard and feel that is the way to go for us.  Someone mentioned that Chansiri had approached a talented young manager so it might be true 

Is Gerrard doing any better than any other manager would do with rangers ? apart from the demotion they have been in the top 3 since time began 

 

As for Derby they came close as they always did with the squad they had 

Edited by the monk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, the monk said:

Is Gerrard doing any better than any other manager would do with rangers ? apart from the demotion they have been in the top 3 since time began 

 

As for Derby they came close as they always did with the squad they had 

 

Yes both are highly rated managers and attract players to sign for them. 

Rangers hardly have any money so it would be a huge ask for anyone to get them above Celtic, however the feeling is Rangers might run them close this season. 

Lampard got Derby playing good football and is seen to be good enough to manage Chelsea

Basically they are young managers who are potentially the future of the game and I feel Chansiri may think we should follow suit, rather than appoint the usual Rowett, Pulis or Pardew types 

Edited by Owls-Fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Or Zola. Would take the wind right out of our sails. 

 

Genuinely starting to lean towards a high profile former player in the Lampard mould. Someone with fresh ideas and a bit of energy. 

Strikes me the radio and tv get everyone talking in cliches 

Lampard has had one season and done pretty much what every other Derby manager has done .....failed !

 

Fresh ideas ? Bruce showed in a month he knew how to do it and what's needed and hes 59 (and a tool)

 

As for "a bit of energy " what's it mean ?  Who have we had that's permanently tired?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

 

Yes both are highly rated managers and attract players to sign for them. 

Rangers hardly have any money so it would be a huge ask for anyone to get them above Celtic, however the feeling is Rangers might run them close this season. 

Lampard got Derby playing good football and is seen to be good enough to manage Chelsea

Basically they are young managers who are potentially the future of the game and I feel Chansiri may think we should follow suit, rather than appoint the usual Rowett, Pulis or Pardew types 

I agree with your last bit , that is a definite 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We don't need a young manager who could be the future of the game. 

 

We will end up like Derby being used as a stepping stone. 

 

We need a manager who knows and can prove he knows how to win promotion now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We can prove we can score in friendlies matches,    we need to start scoring more goals in each match when the league starts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Or Zola. Would take the wind right out of our sails. 

 

Genuinely starting to lean towards a high profile former player in the Lampard mould. Someone with fresh ideas and a bit of energy. 

 

Arteta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, sweetsheri said:

Such as though 

 

Arteta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Geedee said:

We don't need a young manager who could be the future of the game. 

 

We will end up like Derby being used as a stepping stone. 

 

We need a manager who knows and can prove he knows how to win promotion now. 

 

I want a top manager at Wednesday. But top managers go to the top division.

 

So I wouldn't mind a manager who's on his way to becoming a top manager. It's better than a manager who used to be tops, but isn't any more. If that means we're a stepping stone then so be it, provided that we progress. And you never know, they might get us promoted and decide to stay a bit longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Geedee said:

We don't need a young manager who could be the future of the game. 

 

We will end up like Derby being used as a stepping stone. 

 

We need a manager who knows and can prove he knows how to win promotion now. 

 

To be fair, what have we ended up being for old-timer Bruce if not a stepping stone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want a manager who has zero interest in moving on from the club, then all you're doing is asking for us to hire a manager where Wednesday will be the pinnacle of his career.

Getting a manager in whose pinnacle is a mid-table Championship team means that we're destined to remain a mid-table Championship team....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Agree, I just mentioned in another thread how maybe Zola might be earmarked as an assistant to someone younger, like Terry or Gattuso. Chansiri and advisers may have seen the impact of Lampard and Gerrard and feel that is the way to go for us.  Someone mentioned that Chansiri had approached a talented young manager so it might be true 

 

Gattuso!? Where has that come from?

 

Sod it, I love it. Nobody else will do now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Oliver said:

 

To be fair, what have we ended up being for old-timer Bruce if not a stepping stone?

 

Good point but at least in Bruce we did hire someone who could do the job. We know it did not work out but it doesn't change the fact that the man employed knew how to get clubs from the championship and into the premiership the young multi millionaire in his Ferrari might not know that..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love us to show some ambition and approach Citeh for Arteta.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...