Northampton - V - Wednesday Friendly omdt

33 minutes ago, Geedee said:

We don't need a young manager who could be the future of the game. 

We will end up like Derby being used as a stepping stone. 

We need a manager who knows and can prove he knows how to win promotion now. 

I want a top manager at Wednesday. But top managers go to the top division.

So I wouldn't mind a manager who's on his way to becoming a top manager. It's better than a manager who used to be tops, but isn't any more. If that means we're a stepping stone then so be it, provided that we progress. And you never know, they might get us promoted and decide to stay a bit longer.

46 minutes ago, Geedee said:

We don't need a young manager who could be the future of the game. 

We will end up like Derby being used as a stepping stone. 

We need a manager who knows and can prove he knows how to win promotion now. 

To be fair, what have we ended up being for old-timer Bruce if not a stepping stone?

If you want a manager who has zero interest in moving on from the club, then all you're doing is asking for us to hire a manager where Wednesday will be the pinnacle of his career.

Getting a manager in whose pinnacle is a mid-table Championship team means that we're destined to remain a mid-table Championship team....

2 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Agree, I just mentioned in another thread how maybe Zola might be earmarked as an assistant to someone younger, like Terry or Gattuso. Chansiri and advisers may have seen the impact of Lampard and Gerrard and feel that is the way to go for us.  Someone mentioned that Chansiri had approached a talented young manager so it might be true 

Gattuso!? Where has that come from?

Sod it, I love it. Nobody else will do now.

23 minutes ago, Oliver said:

To be fair, what have we ended up being for old-timer Bruce if not a stepping stone?

Good point but at least in Bruce we did hire someone who could do the job. We know it did not work out but it doesn't change the fact that the man employed knew how to get clubs from the championship and into the premiership the young multi millionaire in his Ferrari might not know that..