Northampton - V - Wednesday Friendly omdt

Guest Ash76
1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Come on Neil! What is going on with the site these last few days. This is just adding to all the stress of the last few days! 

giphy.gif

Edited by Ash76

2 hours ago, Triple O said:
It's All Cobblers To Me @CobblersToMe
FollowFollow @CobblersToMe
More

Ah well sod me, it wasn’t Megson after all - it was Iain Dowie! #swfc

9:06 PM - 16 Jul 2019

2 hours ago, darklord said:

image.png.a3a0b04748f85253fce1576f3c78be33.pngimage.png.a3a0b04748f85253fce1576f3c78be33.png

intro-1529941807.jpg

2 hours ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

NOrKswt.jpg.00b0eeccd4c4f71fcf7d0ef02d5e6776.jpg

2 hours ago, zico.b said:

No never!

intro-1529941807.jpg

2 hours ago, zico.b said:

Err, me too!!

29 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Looks a bit chunky to me!

You Guuuuys....

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Anyone else get the feeling the players are all behind D.C. here ,    Apparently sky begging for interviews and nobody talking 

Club instructed them not to. You do as your boss says really. 

I bet a lot do feel very let down by Bruce though. 

1 hour ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Wouldn’t mind that in theory as Lampard and Gerrard are doing ok so far, but which other ex-pros look capable of making it big in management (beyond John Terry, who I don’t want anywhere near Hillsborough)? Wouldn’t want Scholes or Gary Neville.

England legend just retire................................

Peter Crouch:ph34r:

7 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Wouldn’t mind that in theory as Lampard and Gerrard are doing ok so far, but which other ex-pros look capable of making it big in management (beyond John Terry, who I don’t want anywhere near Hillsborough)? Wouldn’t want Scholes or Gary Neville.

Sol Campbell as started well ....

7 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Agree, I just mentioned in another thread how maybe Zola might be earmarked as an assistant to someone younger, like Terry or Gattuso. Chansiri and advisers may have seen the impact of Lampard and Gerrard and feel that is the way to go for us.  Someone mentioned that Chansiri had approached a talented young manager so it might be true 

Edited by Owls-Fan

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

Agree, I just mentioned in another thread how maybe Zola might be earmarked as an assistant to someone younger, like Terry or Gattuso. Chansiri and advisers may have seen the impact of Lampard and Gerrard and feel that is the way to go for us.  Someone mentioned that Chansiri had approached a talented young manager so it might be true 

Is Gerrard doing any better than any other manager would do with rangers ? apart from the demotion they have been in the top 3 since time began 

As for Derby they came close as they always did with the squad they had 

Edited by the monk

13 minutes ago, the monk said:

Is Gerrard doing any better than any other manager would do with rangers ? apart from the demotion they have been in the top 3 since time began 

As for Derby they came close as they always did with the squad they had 

Yes both are highly rated managers and attract players to sign for them. 

Rangers hardly have any money so it would be a huge ask for anyone to get them above Celtic, however the feeling is Rangers might run them close this season. 

Lampard got Derby playing good football and is seen to be good enough to manage Chelsea

Basically they are young managers who are potentially the future of the game and I feel Chansiri may think we should follow suit, rather than appoint the usual Rowett, Pulis or Pardew types 

Edited by Owls-Fan

9 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Or Zola. Would take the wind right out of our sails. 

Genuinely starting to lean towards a high profile former player in the Lampard mould. Someone with fresh ideas and a bit of energy. 

Strikes me the radio and tv get everyone talking in cliches 

Lampard has had one season and done pretty much what every other Derby manager has done .....failed !

Fresh ideas ? Bruce showed in a month he knew how to do it and what's needed and hes 59 (and a tool)

As for "a bit of energy " what's it mean ?  Who have we had that's permanently tired?

2 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Yes both are highly rated managers and attract players to sign for them. 

Rangers hardly have any money so it would be a huge ask for anyone to get them above Celtic, however the feeling is Rangers might run them close this season. 

Lampard got Derby playing good football and is seen to be good enough to manage Chelsea

Basically they are young managers who are potentially the future of the game and I feel Chansiri may think we should follow suit, rather than appoint the usual Rowett, Pulis or Pardew types 

I agree with your last bit , that is a definite