Northampton - V - Wednesday Friendly omdt

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Another day, another round of rumours as Bruce's cantankerous departure rumbles on.

Alleged cantankerous* departure.

Welcome back to OMDT Snoots!

"Can one depart cantankerously, I'm unconvinced.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Image result for northampton town       Image result for sheffield wednesday

@ Sixfields Stadium

K.O - 7:30

Another day, another round of rumours as Bruce's cantankerous departure rumbles on. 

The Geordies clearly driven around the twist are now inventing stories about some French manager turning up to save them at the last minute. Though a 2 second internet search by one of our own number quickly showed that it was  photo taken in France and not the Metro-centre.  Still, when your world is falling apart you cling to the fantasy, so you can understand them. Living in a dreamed,  an imagined existence seems to be preferable to the reality of having the former Mackem join the club. 

And us?

Who knows? Perhaps our own fans are filled with dread. For Hougton tops the polls by Wednesday fans and bookies alike. Despite apparently having turned us down over the weekend!

Again...fans must be allowed their fantasy when the reality could be so appalling. Monk, Rowett and Zola about as inspiring as 8 pints of liquid mogadon. 

Are these fantasies dangerous? Is blocking out the horrid realities worrying,  head-in-the-sand behaviour that will only inevitably lead to greater disappointment when the reality strikes?

I think so. So lets get back down to Earth!

==============================

In the real World ,Bully take the chaps to sixfields tonight to take on Northampton where we carry on our preparations for the season ahead against Keith Curles lot. 

Two positive performances at the weekend, albeit against lower opposition, were pleasing to see. Especially Harris and Odubajo seeming to fit in well.

Aye, this isn't the 100mph stuff of the season proper, but it's nice to see the net getting billowed. 

Northampton is famous for leather. Shoes. And Alan Moore who wrote Watchmen and V for Vendetta.

Image result for v for vendetta mask

Alan once said that " reality's not a fixed thing. The reality that we see about us every day is one reality, and a valid one – but that there are others, different perspectives where different things have meaning that're just as valid."

Oh right. Well, if Alan says there's different realities then there must be.

So....... Bruno Genesio to St. James's ,  Chris Hughton to Hillsbrough, laurab974 to Snoot Hall  and Steve Bruce to the job centre it is then!

Everyones a winner!

==============================

Welcome back Mi Lud.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

My heads in a complete tizzy  I might be getting on a bit but

One minute we are all up for the new season and now I feel completely destroyed.

Come on DC and sort this poo out...…………..Im off to Northamton as its only 20 miles will support the team but Bullys not the man long term

Great to see the OMDT back Snoots old chap! However, the “against Keith Curle’s lot” has me slightly worried that Northampton may be an off shoot of the Wimbledon crazy gang and want to maim our players. Isn’t he also formerly of  “the dark side” of the city?:ph34r:

26 minutes ago, sternlad said:

Great to see the OMDT back Snoots old chap! However, the “against Keith Curle’s lot” has me slightly worried that Northampton may be an off shoot of the Wimbledon crazy gang and want to maim our players. Isn’t he also formerly of  “the dark side” of the city?:ph34r:

I'm more concerned that he's got past links to Mansfield. I'd give FF the night off.