Joao wants out according to the sun

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

Think we will only reach that with add ons though.

However much he goes for - if he goes - there defo needs to be a substantial sell-on. Otherwise we'll kick ourselves in a year or two. 

Not saying I necessarily want Joao to leave but in general we have too many strikers, as stated by Judas Bruce before he slid out the door like a snake in a waggon wheel rut.

A few million quid back further helps team strengthening in other areas.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

Not saying I necessarily want Joao to leave but in general we have too many strikers, as stated by Judas Bruce before he slid out the door like a snake in a waggon wheel rut.

Would much rather sell Rhodes for 3-4 million though than Joao as that's what it will probably come down to.

A lot of talk of ‘sell and reinvest in squad’

we have all seen the accounts

I can’t see Bruce’s compo / the odd player sale (unless real large amounts) getting reinvested in playing squad - expect it will just offset some of our losses 

3 players signed this window, all appear to be first teamers, can’t see us getting more than a loan or two.

1 minute ago, Jwowl said:

A lot of talk of ‘sell and reinvest in squad’

we have all seen the accounts

I can’t see Bruce’s compo / the odd player sale (unless real large amounts) getting reinvested in playing squad - expect it will just offset some of our losses 

3 players signed this window, all appear to be first teamers, can’t see us getting more than a loan or two.

I don't think that's a bad thing really. We have a bloated forward line, all 6 are on good money and probably believe they deserve a starting place. Competition is good, but that is far too much competition. If we can sell 1 or 2 to help with FFP then I'd 100% do it. 

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

This is what drives me mad about DC though. How has he ran a football club for 4 years and still not grasped the concept of selling players to make money? 

Particularly infuriating when we have to sell the ground in order to balance the books, worsened by his nonsensical approach.  

Selling Joao for £2M or less does not represent making money, that would be poor business.

Look around the transfer market, strikers with a worse goals per minute ratio and less potential go for more money than that. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Selling Joao for £2M or less does not represent making money, that would be poor business.

Look around the transfer market, strikers with a worse goals per minute ratio and less potential go for more money than that. 

Where did I say less than £2m?

My post was about the absurd £8m value being cited. We should be looking at half that. 

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Joao turns 26 in two months.

Time to face facts, he's realised his potential here.

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

why can't you say what you mean?

6 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Where did I say less than £2m?

My post was about the absurd £8m value being cited. We should be looking at half that. 

You said he hasn't grasped the concept of selling players to make money. Joao signed a new contract a few months ago and has good years ahead of him. If nobody comes near a decent value then why should we sell him? Do you think anyone has bid around £4M? 

6 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Joao turns 26 in two months.

Time to face facts, he's realised his potential here.

He had a better season than all but one of our strikers last season despite being in and out of the side and played in different roles.