Joao wants out according to the sun

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Maybe people can see why Bruce has left? He’s said on a number of occasions he needs to wheel and deal, we’ve got too many strikers and an unbalanced squad. But he can’t do this when we put these valuations on players. 

This summer we’ve seemingly had offers for both Rhodes and Joao, a great opportunity to raise funds and help with FFP whilst more importantly giving our manager more room to do his job. But we’ve rejected both offers. It must be incredibly frustrating for a manager. 

What manager? You've just said he can go with all his staff on the cheap.

Now you want a fire sale of the playing staff.

Have you car booted the goalposts yet?lol

25 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

This. Joao has had his time now in my opinion. No manager could get him to play well enough consistently. He's one of many players in his position and we could do with raising some more funds through the club. Yes we'll miss some of his attributes but hopefully we could make sure we bring in a player with pace and strength in place of him. 

I had him valued at £7 million but there's ways around a fee. He might not be quite what we need but could prove very useful for someone else so let's get it rolling. 

25 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

If it’s brentford they can afford to pay also. As can Huddersfield, the market isn’t flat for them. 

I could see him scoring loads for Brentford. London appealing also 

Its more to do with their model of buy them cheap, play them often, sell them high. 40% of 15-20m plus s decent upfront fee is a significant return. 

So many people undervaluing not just Joao, but his bonkers the transfer market is. You can’t replace him for £4-£5m in today’s market, if he played 20 games straight and scored 10+ goals all of a sudden players like him go for £15m+. 

It’s bloody stupid, but that’s the reality of the transfer market now. I remember lots on here being happy with the Antonio figure, I said goal scoring midfielders especially with pace should command £5m+ and that was before fees got ridiculous. Bored of us getting our pants pulled down over transfer fees. Him attributes and minutes to goals stats the last 18 months make him worth a hell of a lot more than people would be happy with on here.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, jonesy87shef said:

So many people undervaluing not just Joao, but his bonkers the transfer market is. You can’t replace him for £4-£5m in today’s market, if he played 20 games straight and scored 10+ goals all of a sudden players like him go for £15m+. 

It’s bloody stupid, but that’s the reality of the transfer market now. I remember lots on here being happy with the Antonio figure, I said goal scoring midfielders especially with pace should command £5m+ and that was before fees got ridiculous. Bored of us getting our pants pulled down over transfer fees. Him attributes and minutes to goals stats the last 18 months make him worth a hell of a lot more than people would be happy with on here.

The club were clever signing him on an extended deal which he was happy to sign the balls in our court on his worth to us 

This is what drives me mad about DC though. How has he ran a football club for 4 years and still not grasped the concept of selling players to make money? 

Particularly infuriating when we have to sell the ground in order to balance the books, worsened by his nonsensical approach.  

2 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Joao is exactly the sort of player that will kick on once we sell him... and I also think that makes him exactly the sort of player we should cash in on before it's too late. It's a shame he hasn't (and genuinely believe won't) reach his full potential here, but there's a few million to be made on his sale. Can see there being something in this, and we could make the best of this. 

Agree with this.

Cash in now to make a profit, re-invest on someone younger and hungrier, and include a sell-on clause to potentially get a bonus windfall in future.

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Disappointing, but was underused by the previous manager

Unfortunately we all say he is underused when he has just come on and scored, but we also say that he is overused when he starts a game and looks tired out before half time. If somebody could get him over that and get him playing more consistently he could be a top quality player. Gary Rowett maybe?

2 hours ago, Mountain Owl said:

Another example of our chairman having no grasp of valuations. Joao has shown no consistency wherever he's been and his workrate and application is questionable. How can be valued at £8m? I would think £4m tops. 

We need to offload some of our forwards and if he doesn't want to play for us let him go, £3m to £4m DC.

madine 6 mill...who would have thought..

Guest wilyfox
2 hours ago, 1993swfc said:

Oil McBurnie is 23 and scored 22 goals in just 1 season. Joao has scored 25 goals in 4 years and is 25 year old :laugh:

..and that's why Swansea value McBurnie in excess of 15mil. Joao still worth 7 or 8, in my opinion.