Jump to content
owlse

Joao wants out according to the sun

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

You’re kidding right? Fletcher made nearly 200 premier league appearances over 7 years (I.e. played the bulk of the games) before joining us and has been decent for us too. He’s not a 20 goal a season striker but his hold up play adds a lot to the team, and he’s still relatively prolific for that type of striker.

 

Joao will likely never get anywhere near having that kind of career because, as you say, he has no consistency. There’s no point being a 9/10 in 20% of the games if he’s going to add nothing in the other 80%.

 

He’s 26 so is unlikely to suddenly just become consistent now, it’s just how he is. If we can have someone’s pants down for a big fee we need to snap their hands off

 

Theres a reason managers are picking Fletcher to play over Joao 

No, not kidding at all, I think Steven Fletcher is too limited a footballer to operate as the lone striker Some people like that type of striker in the role, but I think less and less, especially in the top two divisions. Strangely enough, Hughton uses a similar type of player in Murray. In my opinion, he too is very limited. 

Edited by gurujuan
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

No, not kidding at all, I think Steven Fletcher is too limited a footballer to operate as the lone striker Some people like that type of striker in the role, but I think less and less, especially top two divisions. Strangely enough, Hughton uses a similar type of player in Murray. In my opinion, he too is very limited. 

 

Jesus ,  wish Murray had spent a bit of his ‘limited’ career with us

 

what did he bag in 2012-13 ? 30+ goals ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Royal_D said:

 

Jesus ,  wish Murray had spent a bit of his ‘limited’ career with us

 

what did he bag in 2012-13 ? 30+ goals ?

Just run those dates by me again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

No, not kidding at all, I think Steven Fletcher is too limited a footballer to operate as the lone striker Some people like that type of striker in the role, but I think less and less, especially in the top two divisions. Strangely enough, Hughton uses a similar type of player in Murray. In my opinion, he too is very limited. 

Thing is, if you added pace and a bit more skill on the ball plus more goals to Fletchers game, he’d basically be Didier Drogba and therefore at a top 6 club. All players at our level have some form of limitation, and that’s why they’re at this level. A lack of consistency is probably the worst kind of limitation given that almost every team that gets promoted from this league tend to show consistency as a prerequisite. Do you think Joao is going to become more consistent because I don’t.. if he does then fair enough, but if he’s not going to and there’s good money to be had selling him then that’s the right course of action 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me it's like ex girlfriend syndrome. I don't want her but I'd hate her to turn into a stunner when she is with someone else.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Thing is, if you added pace and a bit more skill on the ball plus more goals to Fletchers game, he’d basically be Didier Drogba and therefore at a top 6 club. All players at our level have some form of limitation, and that’s why they’re at this level. A lack of consistency is probably the worst kind of limitation given that almost every team that gets promoted from this league tend to show consistency as a prerequisite. Do you think Joao is going to become more consistent because I don’t.. if he does then fair enough, but if he’s not going to and there’s good money to be had selling him then that’s the right course of action 

I don’t know whether he will become more consistent, I also have my doubts. However, when he is good, he can be sublime, and far in excess of what we have, or are likely to afford. So for those reasons, I’d keep him, and if it were up to me, I’d give him regular game time to see if that might help. 

Edited by gurujuan
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For all the people who think 8 million is too much for Joao

 

Gary Madine went for 6 million

 

Dem Blavdes are about to pay 9 million to Brentford for a striker

 

Joao has all the tools, he just needs the right manager

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...