Joao wants out according to the sun

If he’s annoyed about the chairman’s valuation then maybe the brain box and his agent should’ve negotiated a release clause/amount his is new, lucrative contract.  

If someone wants him they should pay, getting his agent to get stuff in the paper isn’t going to make Chansiri budge. 

If Joao goes, and we get a fair price, we just need to remember that he will have some games where he looks world class (probably against us) so there can't be a meltdown every time he scores! We know he's a good player, he just hasn't shown it consistently enough for us.

Is it any wonder that he wants out and is disillusioned when rubbish like Fletcher get jn the team ahead of him. Don't telltme that Fletcher is anything but substandard when he's only scored 10 goals or more in a season, once. 

Only Wednesday would pay someone with that dreadful record, 50k a week 

I don't blame Joao for wanting away. Who woukd want to play along side Fletcher Nuhiu and other deadbeats. 

When he's signed for a decent team i hope hey comes back and scores a hatrick, along with George Hirst who is at Leicester the noo. 

The way we treat young talent at the club is appalling. 

And people have to cheek to call Bruce shameful. 

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

Is it any wonder that he wants out and is disillusioned when rubbish like Fletcher get jn the team ahead of him. Don't telltme that Fletcher is anything but substandard when he's only scored 10 goals or more in a season, once. 

I don't blame Joao for wanting away. Who woukd want to play along side Fletcher Nuhiu and other deadbeats. 

When he's signed for a decent team i hope hey comes back and scores a hatrick, along with George Hirst who is at Leicester the noo. 

Steven Fletcher is 10 tines the player Lucas Joao is. He was our best players last season and unlike Joao you know you'll always get a shift out of Fletcher.

People will still be banging on about Joao's "potential" when he's 28, I'd not be sorry to see him go providing we get a decent price for him.

As for the rest of your post, I'd suggest that it's a little too early to be hitting your 10th pint of the day.:ghoulguy:

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

Hi Mm69, glad you're back we're in need of something to laugh about.

th.gif

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Steven Fletcher is 10 tines the player Lucas Joao is. He was our best players last season and unlike Joao you know you'll always get a shift out of Fletcher.

People will still be banging on about Joao's "potential" when he's 28, I'd not be sorry to see him go providing we get a decent price for him.

As for the rest of your post, I'd suggest that it's a little too early to be hitting your 10th pint of the day.:ghoulguy:

While I don’t agree entirely with the post that sparked this response, I do understand the sentiment. Undoubtably, Joao has far more talent than Fletcher, but doesn’t produce it consistently. If it were down to me, I’d be playing Joao. I suppose it boils down to what you are looking for in a player. The one thing you get with Fletcher, is maximum effort. Is he a good footballer? Well, he’s a bit basic, to put it kindly Under an old school manager like Bruce, there will always be a starting spot for a Fletcher type player. At some other clubs, he wouldn’t be starting. Could you imagine Brentford, for example, choosing to start Fletcher over Joao? It wouldn’t happen

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

While I don’t agree entirely with the post that sparked this response, I do understand the sentiment. Undoubtably, Joao has far more talent than Fletcher, but doesn’t produce it consistently. If it were down to me, I’d be playing Joao. I suppose it boils down to what you are looking for in a player. The one thing you get with Fletcher, is maximum effort. Is he a good footballer? Well, he’s a bit basic, to put it kindly Under an old school manager like Bruce, there will always be a starting spot for a Fletcher type player. At some other clubs, he wouldn’t be starting. Could you imagine Brentford, for example, choosing to start Fletcher over Joao? It wouldn’t happen

But Joao would never start in front of Fletcher regardless of which club they were both at. You regularly disrespect Fletcher's footballing ability, although he is certainly not a plodder target man. We are more likely to go up using Fletcher than Joao, he is always involved in the game, 90 minutes long. If I wanted a striker to only score or not be involved as much i'd prefer it if Rhodes played. I would also say that Fletcher has just as much pace(which seems to be a recurring argument) as Joao as well, Joao looks like he's in treacle most of the time. 

2 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

Fletch was our best striker last season by a mile

10 hours ago, Owls2k said:

If he’s annoyed about the chairman’s valuation then maybe the brain box and his agent should’ve negotiated a release clause/amount his is new, lucrative contract.  

If someone wants him they should pay, getting his agent to get stuff in the paper isn’t going to make Chansiri budge. 

People need to realise when Chansiri decides a price he means it. 

1 hour ago, GerOwl said:

But Joao would never start in front of Fletcher regardless of which club they were both at. You regularly disrespect Fletcher's footballing ability, although he is certainly not a plodder target man. We are more likely to go up using Fletcher than Joao, he is always involved in the game, 90 minutes long. If I wanted a striker to only score or not be involved as much i'd prefer it if Rhodes played. I would also say that Fletcher has just as much pace(which seems to be a recurring argument) as Joao as well, Joao looks like he's in treacle most of the time. 

I would politely suggest, if you think that Fletcher is a better player than Joao, then it’s just a difference of opinion, similarly I would challenge any notion that Rhodes might start ahead of Joao.

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

You’re kidding right? Fletcher made nearly 200 premier league appearances over 7 years (I.e. played the bulk of the games) before joining us and has been decent for us too. He’s not a 20 goal a season striker but his hold up play adds a lot to the team, and he’s still relatively prolific for that type of striker.

Joao will likely never get anywhere near having that kind of career because, as you say, he has no consistency. There’s no point being a 9/10 in 20% of the games if he’s going to add nothing in the other 80%.

He’s 26 so is unlikely to suddenly just become consistent now, it’s just how he is. If we can have someone’s pants down for a big fee we need to snap their hands off

Theres a reason managers are picking Fletcher to play over Joao 

I really rate Joao but the problem for me is the consistency,  he has the attributes there just for whatever reason doesn't seem to sustain them game to game

whereas as someone said above you can pretty much guarantee a 100% shift from SF when he plays

That said i would still rather keep hold of Joao ahead of Winnall, rhodes and Nuhiu 

12 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

You’re kidding right? Fletcher made nearly 200 premier league appearances over 7 years (I.e. played the bulk of the games) before joining us and has been decent for us too. He’s not a 20 goal a season striker but his hold up play adds a lot to the team, and he’s still relatively prolific for that type of striker.

Joao will likely never get anywhere near having that kind of career because, as you say, he has no consistency. There’s no point being a 9/10 in 20% of the games if he’s going to add nothing in the other 80%.

He’s 26 so is unlikely to suddenly just become consistent now, it’s just how he is. If we can have someone’s pants down for a big fee we need to snap their hands off

Theres a reason managers are picking Fletcher to play over Joao 

No, not kidding at all, I think Steven Fletcher is too limited a footballer to operate as the lone striker Some people like that type of striker in the role, but I think less and less, especially in the top two divisions. Strangely enough, Hughton uses a similar type of player in Murray. In my opinion, he too is very limited. 

Edited by gurujuan