Jump to content
owlse

Joao wants out according to the sun

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

He has off to Newcastle written all over him.

 

£8m and we will throw in one of Bruces assistant managers as well.

 

In a sickening twist its like that scene from the tunnel it will be the top half of one of them and the bottom half of the other... Chansiri is sending a message!  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MuseManMatt08 said:

Started vs Northampton though?...

 

And ran over to high five adthe and rhodes after they scored.
Hardly the demeanour of a grumpy player who wants out.

 

Does nothing to change my view that the sun just made up the story.

Edited by cookeh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cardiff just sold a striker for 8m who scored one in nineteen last season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sincerely think Joao would do really well at Bristol. Sincerely think the money from any transfer (providing it's consistent with other Champ striker prices) could be used to improve us more than we'd miss after losing Joao. 

 

Best for both parties IMO. Also genuinely think a new manager would rather have a few million to play around with, could be a good incentive...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Sincerely think Joao would do really well at Bristol. Sincerely think the money from any transfer (providing it's consistent with other Champ striker prices) could be used to improve us more than we'd miss after losing Joao. 

 

Best for both parties IMO. Also genuinely think a new manager would rather have a few million to play around with, could be a good incentive...

Every player as his price but there lies the problem most on here would give em away 

Bristol city always want and get good money for theres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bristol City have made a s**t load of money over recent season so if they really want him then ask them to pay the asking price or tell them to sod off.

Edited by s6 owl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If any club is mad enough to offer us 8mill for Joao, we should snap their bloody hand off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Joao leaves he may well go on to be a world beater. But I’m willing to take that risk, if we can use the money to sign a central midfielder and a winger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Bristol City have made a s**t load of money over recent season so if they really want him then ask them to pay the asking price or tell them to sod off.

 

^^This

 

They sold Reid to Cardiff for £10m, Kodija to Villa for £11m rising to £15m and made a huge profit from both - plus others

 

As for Lucas, I'd ask if he's better than Madine. Yes? then bids start around £7m - but I'd still prefer to keep hold of him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People seriously undervaluing Joao,s price.

 

Managers will be looking at the goals scored compared to minutes played and the quality of the goals and be thinking " I can do something with that player"

 

If played regularly would get 15+ goals per season and be worth at least 12 million.

 

Imagine if it was us looking at buying him from another club, we would be creaming and ourselves 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Bristol City have made a s**t load of money over recent season so if they really want him then ask them to pay the asking price or tell them to sod off.

 

Yep, we got £13m for Kelly but instalments and conditions on how many games he plays ect....

 

The local rag, the Bristol post say that we’re interest in Joao and on our forum otib clips og him scoring against us.........:sad:

 

He wasn’t an Owls player that particularly impressed me so don’t have much idea of what he brings but reading thru the posts on this thread I get the impression that he’s not very highly rated.

 

That said Lee Johnson has not yet actually signed a striker but did recall Antione Semenyo from a loan at Newport late last season and introduced him to championship training and playing against decent quality defenders. He also included him in several away squads to experience how it’s done at our level although he got a start.

 

It wouldn’t surprise me if Johnson sees him as the answer to our striker difficulties.

 

Good news for you guys is that Johnson has lost interest in BB having signed Szmodics from Colchester who he seems to think  will become Championship quality.... 

 

I see Steve Bruce has gone ‘home’ to Newcastle....shame for you. He has a decent Championship cv and would have almost certainly done a decent job with you.

Edited by Alan Robinson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alan Robinson said:

 

Yep, we got £13m for Kelly but instalments and conditions on how many games he plays ect....

 

The local rag, the Bristol post say that we’re interest in Joao and on our forum otib clips og him scoring against us.........:sad:

 

He wasn’t an Owls player that particularly impressed me so don’t have much idea of what he brings but reading thru the posts on this thread I get the impression that he’s not very highly rated.

 

That said Lee Johnson has not yet actually signed a striker but did recall Antione Semenyo from a loan at Newport late last season and introduced him to championship training and playing against decent quality defenders. He also included him in several away squads to experience how it’s done at our level although he got a start.

 

It wouldn’t surprise me if Johnson sees him as the answer to our striker difficulties.

 

Good news for you guys is that Johnson has lost interest in BB having signed Szmodics from Colchester who he seems to think  will become Championship quality.... 

Discount Kodjia. Joined here when he was 21/22 and looked like a diamond in the rough, poised to be a world beater. Four years later and that's still how I'd describe him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Alan Robinson said:

Good news for you guys is that Johnson has lost interest in BB

 

379148245_bigsid.jpg.964f06a9ee0dc6a30e8b271ccf7e5de7.jpg

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still think our best striking partnership is Forestieri and Joao.

 

Still think if he plays regularly he will score and become more consistent.

 

That said if we get bids of 8 million plus we would have to consider with the strikers we have.

 

My choice would be to get rid of Fletcher Rhodes Nuhiu and Winnall before him tho.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cookeh said:

 

And ran over to high five adthe and rhodes after they scored.
Hardly the demeanour of a grumpy player who wants out.

 

Does nothing to change my view that the sun just made up the story.

 

Wasn't there to see that but sounds promising! 

 

Just think it would be a silly mistake to let him go to anyone in the Championship, he does have goals against us written all over him if he grabs a lease of new life for someone else! 

 

Hopefully he gives it another chance with us and cracks on...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MuseManMatt08 said:

 

Wasn't there to see that but sounds promising! 

 

Just think it would be a silly mistake to let him go to anyone in the Championship, he does have goals against us written all over him if he grabs a lease of new life for someone else! 

 

Hopefully he gives it another chance with us and cracks on...

 

I think he needs to be a number 1 striker. Let him start 35 games a season for 2 season and i think we might have a player. The problem is.. we have Fletch, Rhodes and Nando who are all better strikers right now.. and it would be kinda silly to not play them in the hope that Joao develops as we hope.

 

Sending him to Bristol on a season-loan might not be the worst idea tho..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be interesting to see if another team could get the best out of him. For me its joaos height that causes him the problem, he hates the physical side of the game and if he starts particularly as the main striker he tends to get roughed up and fades, he's better as a sub but in the main he needs someone else to be the focal point. His best spell came when playing with nuhiu and ff, as nuhiu tends to attract the opposites centre half brute and everyone loves to go and kick ff so it left him free to do his stuff.

 

Dont really know how this can be resolved though hes still a decent player but who lacks a position as he doesnt have the work rate for the wide positions and even though hes better as the second striker he doesnt really read flick on's and run off a bigger man so not sure what formation would suit him, be reasonably happy to sell him but only for 5 mill plus and with a good sell on clause.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG imagine if we sell Joao to City, and end with friggin Joe Pigott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...