Joao wants out according to the sun

10 hours ago, matt_johno43 said:

8 million is a ridiculous figure for the player to be fair. His career has not progressed the way we all thought it would but seriously can you make a case for him being our out and out front man I can not. An offer of 6 million pounds I would listen. I am convinced he will forever be the frustrating player we have seen since he arrived here. 

How much did Madine sell for?

I’d be amazed at anything like a 7 figure fee for joau - he’s shybo.

unable to apply himself.

does he want to play off the shoulder cos he’s got pace - no.

Does he want to be a target man because he’s got the height and build - no.

does he want to be a number 10 cos he’s got the skill and an eye for a pass - no.

instead you get a mixture of all 3 - sometimes in the same match.

3 hours ago, heppers said:

How much did Madine sell for?

About 5.2 million more than he was worth......so 5.2m lol That Madine fee has tainted all transfer valuations since!!! You can justify anything based on it. 

Edited by Morepork
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Morepork said:

About 5.2 million more than he was worth......so 5.2m lol That Madine fee has tainted all transfer valuations since!!! You can justify anything based on it. 

But you can’t pretend it didn’t happen!

Colin has set the bar for non goalscoring championship strikers, like it or not!

It will be every agents benchmark!

Something about Joao still always leaves me semi-convinced he could be a world-beater one day.

It's like there's some sort of Twilight Zone around him where I can't convince my brain to look at objective evidence - feel like an absolute maniac still drooling over 'potential' four years in, but I just can't stop.

Such a strange, strange player. Magic feet, blazing shot, hates football and wants a sit down. :duntmatter:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Something about Joao still always leaves me semi-convinced he could be a world-beater one day.

It's like there's some sort of Twilight Zone around him where I can't convince my brain to look at objective evidence - feel like an absolute maniac still drooling over 'potential' four years in, but I just can't stop.

Such a strange, strange player. Magic feet, blazing shot, hates football and wants a sit down. :duntmatter:

Kinda agree with you but will chuck in my thought about Joao that he plays better when he has the better players around him.  Which seems obvious but I get the feeling that he plays at the same level as the players around him.  Put him in an above average Prem side and he wouldn't look out of place. 

Don't think he hates football though. 

• Like 1

Only player we have who can turn a game in the blink of an eye with a side foot finish from 25 yards, his shooting from distance now has real power. 

It's a shame he only seems to do it / turn up 1 in 3 and loses the ball a lot esp in phases or games where we under cosh and need ball to stick. 

If we're looking at squad balance I'd rather offload a slow 5 ft 10 ish fox in the box type striker as we have a couple of those. 

Edited by DuttyTeabags
At

23 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Kinda agree with you but will chuck in my thought about Joao that he plays better when he has the better players around him.  Which seems obvious but I get the feeling that he plays at the same level as the players around him.  Put him in an above average Prem side and he wouldn't look out of place. 

Don't think he hates football though. 

Aye, wasn't being entirely serious there lol

4 hours ago, Morepork said:

The 'Andy Carrol' of the Championship :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Show me one sidefoot finish from FF/ Reach from 25 yards?

You'll be able to show hits with laces.... 

I was meaning the only player who can change a game in the blink of an eye lol