Double-header v Derby (a) U23s & U18

2 hours ago, John O'Brien said:

Really  sorry it wasn’t more meat on the bones with the U18s updates, i honestly couldn’t see screen on my phone because of the sunshine. The lads missed at least 3 decent chances in the first half and one in the second half. On a personal note it was good to see my boy get on the last thirty minutes after being out injured for six months. He looked sharp and felt good with no ProblemS at the end of the game

Delighted to hear that your son is back playing.

Was it a strong side we put out? Be interested to hear tour thoughts on performance once you ave had chance to think about game.

5 hours ago, Quist said:

Delighted to hear that your son is back playing.

Was it a strong side we put out? Be interested to hear tour thoughts on performance once you ave had chance to think about game.

Thanks Quist, there was at least six from last seasons 18s today mixing with the new scholars but we should have scored three in the first half and one in the second half also. Jordan needs another game with the lads before going with the 23s just to build up his sharpness and got real encouraging words from Steve Haslam yesterday about the direction he’s heading 

6 hours ago, John O'Brien said:

Thanks Quist, there was at least six from last seasons 18s today mixing with the new scholars but we should have scored three in the first half and one in the second half also. Jordan needs another game with the lads before going with the 23s just to build up his sharpness and got real encouraging words from Steve Haslam yesterday about the direction he’s heading 

Sounds good. Your lad has been out a while so will need a good few games to get back to where he was. It sounds as though eam lacked a bit of sharpness and need to gel together. I saw highlights of previous games and defending was none too good alhough goals were taken well.

Sincerely hope both your lad and team come together and have a good season.

• Like 1