What about Big Nige?

55 minutes ago, Dronfield_SWFC said:

Has he not said living in Sheffield does not want to manage SWFC as too close to home

He said that a while back. In a recent interview he backtracked and said “you never know” with a little grin

We need someone that's got experience and something to do with us, would be nice to have a manager that doesn't pack and leave to go elsewhere. 

I just hope his football style has changed because it can be boring to watch his teams play. 

Some absolute pap talked about NP, he wouldn't be my first choice but lined up against the likes of Zola it would be an absolute no brainer. 

Saw him last week and seemed in good spirits, certainly compared to after he was sacked by Leicester. He's an absolute gent in my book and certainly wouldn't want to castigate him re George Hurst when we don't know the facts and so what George Hirst is crap. 

He would manage Wednesday. 

He hasn't upset the thais, that was his idiot son. Can't blame him fir that. 

Put pretty much a premier league winning side together at Leicester. 

If that touch line incident  and having a go at a couple of reporters constitutes being unhinged then give me unhinged any day over a wee wee boring automaton manager. 

Big Nige any day for me rather most of other names being bandied about

I get the impression he hates criticism and is a bit hot headed or doesn’t handle pressure. 

He’s started fights with fans, players, local journalists (maybe that’s ok), or anyone who dares to question him in his last season at Leicester - totally lost the plot. 

And for a hard ass - he couldn’t control his players (& son) in Thailand

4 minutes ago, Rogers said:

I get the impression he hates criticism and is a bit hot headed or doesn’t handle pressure. 

He’s started fights with fans, players, local journalists (maybe that’s ok), or anyone who dares to question him in his last season at Leicester - totally lost the plot. 

And for a hard ass - he couldn’t control his players (& son) in Thailand

How does he not handle pressure? Captained us to promotion and league cup win, captained middlesborough to two promotions, two promotions with Leicester was it? Threat of relegation and took Leicester on 7 game winning run I think? 

I don't get how you think he doesn't handle pressure. 

It was exactly his attitude of standing up to journalists criticizing his players that got them fired up to play for him. 

Again not my first choice but give the guy a break he's one of ours. 

8 minutes ago, waddleisgod said:

Even Carlton says “you just don’t mess with Big Nige”

makes me think its it’s a risky appointment and could quickly destabilise a dressing room.

Better getting a manager that the players can mess with then? Zola would fit that role. Correct me if I'm wrong but not sure he's got a history of destabilizing dressing rooms as captain or manager?

Edited by sharrowowl

1 hour ago, marble said:

..and by the fact that he's an absolute turd of a bloke. He looked genuinely unhinged during the latter part of his Leicester spell.

Saw him lift a cup in our only success in my 59 years  v Man U ,scoring 15 goals in the season 

But you call him a turd mate 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, the monk said:

Saw him lift a cup in our only success in my 59 years  v Man U ,scoring 15 goals in the season 

But you call him a turd mate 

Beggars belief what people base their judgements on. See him every week and he's an absolute gent with everyone. As down to earth a fella as you could meet.