Rhodes to Norwich

8 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Fletcher, Forestieri, Winnall, Joao and Nuhiu will be just fine.

One is coming to the end of his carreer with no pace, one has been injured/ bang average for 2 years apart from the odd game, one hasnt got in the side under successive managers and has a major question mark over his attitude, and the other two are just not good enough........should be fine!

1 hour ago, chizumgeorge said:

One is coming to the end of his carreer with no pace, one has been injured/ bang average for 2 years apart from the odd game, one hasnt got in the side under successive managers and has a major question mark over his attitude, and the other two are just not good enough........should be fine!

Our biggest problem is having 7 odd strikers and the need to rotate them all the time play them on the left that sort of thing. Cut these down to the right 4 they will be just fine.  Wait and see.

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Our biggest problem is having 7 odd strikers and the need to rotate them all the time play them on the left that sort of thing. Cut these down to the right 4 they will be just fine.  Wait and see.

people keep saying we have too many strikers may be right but non of em are going to get 20 in a season,Joao want's to go,Fletch will never get 20,Winnall doesn't seem to be wanted,same as Rhodes,Nuhui wouldn't get 20 in 2 season's,so really if we had 10 striker's of the ability we have it wouldn't mean anything,we are so limited up front !!!!

1 hour ago, chizumgeorge said:

spot on bud,we missed a real chance with Hugill

Just now, Brando17 said:

people keep saying we have too many strikers may be right but non of em are going to get 20 in a season,Joao want's to go,Fletch will never get 20,Winnall doesn't seem to be wanted,same as Rhodes,Nuhui wouldn't get 20 in 2 season's,so really if we had 10 striker's of the ability we have it wouldn't mean anything,we are so limited up front !!!!

If Fletcher could stay fit for 40 games in an attacking side, not a Jos one. He would get 20. 

His little bursts of games and goals prove that.

Guest Theboylangers
4 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

If Fletcher could stay fit for 40 games in an attacking side, not a Jos one. He would get 20. 

His little bursts of games and goals prove that.

I'm not certain but I don't think he's ever been a regular 20 a season man, regardless of where he's been. 

I don't think Fletcher will get 20, maybe 12/13.

2 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

I'm not certain but I don't think he's ever been a regular 20 a season man, regardless of where he's been. 

I don't think Fletcher will get 20, maybe 12/13.

Never really been in a team where he has been expected to get 20 to be fair.  Never going to do it in the premier league was he with Sunderland scoring 35 odd goals all season or something.

I have seen enough of him to see that he could be that man for us if he stays fit and we attack teams and create chances.

Guest Theboylangers
2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Never really been in a team where he has been expected to get 20 to be fair.  Never going to do it in the premier league was he with Sunderland scoring 35 odd goals all season or something.

I have seen enough of him to see that he could be that man for us if he stays fit and we attack teams and create chances.

I agree he is a useful asset to have and still has plenty to offer. 

Need to get shut of joao, Rhodes and winnall and replace with two others with pace who can play on the shoulder. 

That will give us a striker less but with better options than we’ve got now.

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

4 strikers is not enough for a competitive squad in this day and age, especially if you include someone like Fletcher as one of those. All it would take is two injuries and you'd have nothing left in that department to go on the bench.

2 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

4 strikers is not enough for a competitive squad in this day and age, especially if you include someone like Fletcher as one of those. All it would take is two injuries and you'd have nothing left in that department to go on the bench.

If we only play one up front it's more than enough.  

Pleased Rhodes is finding some form. 

While I've advocated selling him, he does provide a rather unique financial conundrum with regard to FFP given outstanding payments dud to Boro. 

Another loan solves a short-term problem if we need to negate his cost, but returns a player in the last year of his contract next season, virtually worthless as a result and still with another payment due to Boro, so just kicks the can down the road and potentially puts us in a worse  position next season. 

For all the clamour to get his wage off the books, occurred to me during the events of the last few days that we were probably paying Bruce more than Rhodes.  If he keeps scoring goals, don't think we will be as desperate to do deals out of necessity,.

Guest Bulgaria

Maybe Hooper was bullying him for earning more....  could see Hooper being a bit of a bully... Rhodes strikes me as being rather timid and if your colleagues are baiting you, it can effect your confidence..now Hooper has gone Rhodes may start to flourish again.

30 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Maybe Hooper was bullying him for earning more....  could see Hooper being a bit of a bully... Rhodes strikes me as being rather timid and if your colleagues are baiting you, it can effect your confidence..now Hooper has gone Rhodes may start to flourish again.

Congratulations.

Some of the excuses that have been made for Rhodes' mediocrity have stretched credulity to well beyond breaking point already, but this one has really raised the bar. 

What else can we blame on Gary Hooper being a scumbag? The great financial crash of 1929? The black death in the Middle Ages? Was he Jack the Ripper?

25 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Congratulations.

Some of the excuses that have been made for Rhodes' mediocrity have stretched credulity to well beyond breaking point already, but this one has really raised the bar. 

What else can we blame on Gary Hooper being a scumbag? The great financial crash of 1929? The black death in the Middle Ages? Was he Jack the Ripper?

The assassination of JFK  :laugh:

Edited by daveyboy66