Zola - the biggest mistake we could ever make

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

FFS the odds on Zola have gone down again this morning. Now 7/4. Would be a disaster and right up there with the awful appointment of Jos. 

Surely the powers that be will take one look at his managerial record and throw his application in the bin.

Guest everydays_wednesday
19 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

How long until the usual 'I'd rather have Émile Zola' posts?

Oh....

:duntmatter:

J'Acuse you.....!

34 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

Gianfranco Zola is now 2/1 favourite on Sky Bet. Would be the one of the worst appointments we could make imo. Has had no success at any clubs and took Birmingham from Top 6 to the relegation zone. ANY of the other names linked would be better appointments. Even rubbish like Pulis and Keane would still be better than Gianfranco Zola.

Please Chansiri, look elsewhere!

I'd rather we got Tony Pulis than Zola.

garymegson

3 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Either some grunters are throwing a couple of quid at him being our next manager or someone upstairs is smoking exotic tobacco because those odds are getting worryingly short.

It has to be his agent trying to pus him forward as no self respecting football fan could back him. We have reputation for accepting donkeys from agents in managers and players. Bruce was actual exception to that and we have made money out of him. They think we will revert to type and except any closet they serve up.

I’m just playing devils advocate here but maybe he was on a hiding to nothing at Birmingham, the players might have simply downed tools after watching Rowett harshly get the boot

He did ok at Watford and West Ham didn’t he?

4 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Hired Bruce. Has approached Hughton.

My guess would be that our next steps are Monk or Rowett.

Rowett would be my pick (given hughton apparently not interested) has a good track record of working on a budget and did a great job at Birmingham before they made stupid decision to appoint zola

2 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Chansiri might not even consider any of the names mentioned ,We wanted Bruce he gave us Bruce ,Look how it ended.

We also wanted Rhodes and he gave us Rhodes.

:duntmatter:

Perhaps we should all just shut up.

lol

• Like 1