Unemployed Managers with knowledge of British game

6 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

If we're going down the compensation route, then surely Paul Cook is a better option... Made a few waves in the Championship last season on a limited budget and absolutely wrecked records left, right and centre in League One.. not to mention his other promotions. Incidentally, all of this while playing fast attacking football.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/02/18/wigan-manager-paul-cook-wine-pep-guardiola-will-get-can-skol/amp/

8 hours ago, Quist said:

It is reported we are looking for a manager in above category. 

Whilst understanding of domestic leagues are important. I think only looking hrough ranks of unemployed excludes a lot of potential candidates. Besides managers from lower leagues who have potential to blossom you can also look at those who are members of backroom teams and wish to progress.

This does not have to be an inflammatory situation.

I do believe this opens field to a calibre of person more likely to succeed. The list of names at top of betting includes abject failures (zola), those with cloud hanging over head (monk) and complee unknowns who probably do not know where Sheffield is. Clearlly some are being trumpeted by Agents as nobody in right mind would entertain them. 

I also think we should not rush as this leads to mistakes. I see no reason why we should not give ourselves a few days to get hold of right man. 

Where is it reported?

8 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

To be fair. 

As much as we all rated Chris Houghton as the next best thing.

David Moyes did a better job than he got credit for at Man utd, kept West Ham in the premier league, did extremely well at Everton. 

His only blip on his CV is attempting to steer Sunderland away from relegation and failing.

Scottish, surely would get on well with squad.

Is that Ray's brother?

36 minutes ago, fatzooma said:

Where is it reported?

Alan Nixon article on line and in the Sun. Same article he said paid £4 million compo up front.

You have to read all article towards the end.

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

The Sun and Nixon reyt… WTF:

He is accurate in what he says in rest of post. He is a journalist who is a bit more accurate than some and has been on money with posts re compensation with Newcastle. 

In addition our first move was for Houghton who fitted the bill so it does suggest he was accurate.

I accept he gets it wrong but sometimes he is accurate particular when we are selecting managers.

11 hours ago, Weshallovercome said:

Really?......I know we all have differing opinions, but for christs sake WHY!?

I thought O'Neil was an outstanding manager maybe not quite in the Clough league but getting there. Sadly he appears to have lost the plot like Clough did. His day has come and gone so move on and find someone else.