Quist

Unemployed Managers with knowledge of British game

Tina Marie and Sheila B Devotion as the managerial pair ..Rick Astley as DOF.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Scottish, surely would get on well with squad

Gordon Strachan! Might even satiate the cult of ginger. 

garymegson

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

I've got a really bad feeling we'll end up with McClaren.

sigh

I want to say the risk of that appointment has passed but don't want to tempt fate at the same time!!

I am fully expecting to see a photo of McClaren "innocently" fishing in the Don though..... He appears everywhere there is a vacant post the useless tw*t.  

Edited by Morepork
  • Haha 1

Only benefit of Zola is he got Nando playing some of the best football of his career at Watford and presumably has good links at Chelsea for possible loans. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Alone they as shìt as shìt can be. BUT together they're electric! Bit like Hoddle and Waddle doing Emerald Kites or whatever the fūck it was called. But they're in the past bro.. We need someone more contemporary.

Im not advocating it in anyway ... but if the criteria are british, unemployed (or not on gardening leave like Hughton), experienced in the Championship with a promotion track record, I’ll add seemingly loyal to the list, then I can we’ll see DC interviewing Adkins 

14 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I want to say the risk of that appointment has passed but don't want to tempt fate at the same time!!

I am fully expecting to see a photo of McClaren "innocently" fishing in the Don though..... He appears everywhere there is a vacant post the useless tw*t.  

When you say the risk has passed, please tell me someone has appointed him, I've checked and found nowt so still nervous.

• Haha 1

Kevin & Neil Dream Team

post-445-0-21689400-1329582217_thumb.jpg

• Haha 1

Just now, Weshallovercome said:

When you say the risk has passed, please tell me someone has appointed him, I've checked and found nowt so still nervous.

I can't give you that guarantee unfortunately....I am relying on nothing more than a hunch the DC has learnt a few lessons in the last year. And luck.....

original.jpg

1 minute ago, camffiti said:

Kevin & Neil Dream Team

post-445-0-21689400-1329582217_thumb.jpg

I think there's one or two on here that will be excited by that....in an unhealthy way. lol

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Rogers said:

BD08BFCA-13F9-49C4-A83E-F13708E9D395.jpeg

At least you know Hillsborough would have the finest carpet available.

• Haha 1

I'd prefer a manager who has been in long term employment.  To my mind the unemployed ones are out of jobs for a reason.  Lee Johnson would top my list.  Good at recruitment and obviously has some very good connections.  I don't think it's any coincidence that Bristol are very good at turning players into profit.  Similar in many respects to Dean Smith.  I don't give a throw if it means us poaching him/paying compo as this will probably be recovered in transfer fees.

• Agree 2

Gary Monk.

Very hard done-by at Leeds.

Knew how to beat us regularly, which is always a good sign.

Realistic too.

We've no cash.

Hughton would be my choice, but it ain't happening.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

We'd never give up

bigRon.jpeg

1 hour ago, Anlaby Owl said:

I'd prefer a manager who has been in long term employment.  To my mind the unemployed ones are out of jobs for a reason.  Lee Johnson would top my list.  Good at recruitment and obviously has some very good connections.  I don't think it's any coincidence that Bristol are very good at turning players into profit.  Similar in many respects to Dean Smith.  I don't give a throw if it means us poaching him/paying compo as this will probably be recovered in transfer fees.

If we're going down the compensation route, then surely Paul Cook is a better option... Made a few waves in the Championship last season on a limited budget and absolutely wrecked records left, right and centre in League One.. not to mention his other promotions. Incidentally, all of this while playing fast attacking football.

Jose Semedo, Réda Johnson and Miguel Llera joint managers