Unemployed Managers with knowledge of British game

18 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

I've got a really bad feeling we'll end up with McClaren.

sigh

I want to say the risk of that appointment has passed but don't want to tempt fate at the same time!!

I am fully expecting to see a photo of McClaren "innocently" fishing in the Don though..... He appears everywhere there is a vacant post the useless tw*t.  

Edited by Morepork
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Tina Marie and Sheila B Devotion as the managerial pair ..Rick Astley as DOF.

Alone they as shìt as shìt can be. BUT together they're electric! Bit like Hoddle and Waddle doing Emerald Kites or whatever the fūck it was called. But they're in the past bro.. We need someone more contemporary.

14 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I want to say the risk of that appointment has passed but don't want to tempt fate at the same time!!

I am fully expecting to see a photo of McClaren "innocently" fishing in the Don though..... He appears everywhere there is a vacant post the useless tw*t.  

When you say the risk has passed, please tell me someone has appointed him, I've checked and found nowt so still nervous.

• Haha 1

Just now, Weshallovercome said:

When you say the risk has passed, please tell me someone has appointed him, I've checked and found nowt so still nervous.

I can't give you that guarantee unfortunately....I am relying on nothing more than a hunch the DC has learnt a few lessons in the last year. And luck.....

original.jpg

I'd prefer a manager who has been in long term employment.  To my mind the unemployed ones are out of jobs for a reason.  Lee Johnson would top my list.  Good at recruitment and obviously has some very good connections.  I don't think it's any coincidence that Bristol are very good at turning players into profit.  Similar in many respects to Dean Smith.  I don't give a throw if it means us poaching him/paying compo as this will probably be recovered in transfer fees.

1 hour ago, Anlaby Owl said:

I'd prefer a manager who has been in long term employment.  To my mind the unemployed ones are out of jobs for a reason.  Lee Johnson would top my list.  Good at recruitment and obviously has some very good connections.  I don't think it's any coincidence that Bristol are very good at turning players into profit.  Similar in many respects to Dean Smith.  I don't give a throw if it means us poaching him/paying compo as this will probably be recovered in transfer fees.

If we're going down the compensation route, then surely Paul Cook is a better option... Made a few waves in the Championship last season on a limited budget and absolutely wrecked records left, right and centre in League One.. not to mention his other promotions. Incidentally, all of this while playing fast attacking football.