Van Bronckhorst

My first instinct would have been that he'd only go Rangers outside the top leagues, or to a Wolves type moneybags project. But his status is pretty comparable to Cocu's, and Derby's financial situation is not dissimilar to ours. So, who knows.

Apparently, Van B came over because he was interested in the Newcastle job, heard how badly Ashley behaved had second thoughts, saw how badly Bruce was behaving and how well Chansiri had treated him and told his advisor and agent, "Thish Sheffield Wedneshday are the only team for me, lets take Dejphon out for a shmoke and a pancake to seal the deal".

Honestly this is a genuine story!:Chansiri: lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Apparently, Van B came over because he was interested in the Newcastle job, heard how badly Ashley behaved had second thoughts, saw how badly Bruce was behaving and how well Chansiri had treated him and told his advisor and agent, "Thish Sheffield Wedneshday are the only team for me, lets take Dejphon out for a shmoke and a pancake to seal the deal".

Honestly this is a genuine story!:Chansiri: lol

sounds legit, especially if he takes him bowling, gotta jump on it before his odds get even shorter plus his favourite player's Regi Blinker :ph34r:

Edited by The Night-Owl

GVB as boss and Loovens as an assistant would be as sweet as the new kits.

If only life was that kind to Wednesday fans.  We really need to turn this situation into a positive for us, we’ve lost a good manager. Let’s go out and get one that will excite the fans and the players 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, basegreenowl said:

Seen he is now third favourite on Betfair. 6/1. Come in from 12/s. Slowly making progress on the dreaded Zola who is 7/4. Keep watching the progress..... 

if zola gets it. i'm buying an annual membership for the local golf course, n' **** football.

zola or jos (again) mmmm!

bring back coco, all is forgiven.

12 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

GVB as boss and Loovens as an assistant would be as sweet as the new kits.

If only life was that kind to Wednesday fans.  We really need to turn this situation into a positive for us, we’ve lost a good manager. Let’s go out and get one that will excite the fans and the players 

This would be MASSIVE.

I'm in. 

WADAW

7 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Has Loovens even gone into coaching ? 

He has his all important badges I believe, but has 1 year left on his contract at Sunderland. Although he’s not getting lots of game time. 

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.thestar.co.uk/news/dom-howsons-sheffield-wednesday-column-why-it-was-a-mistake-for-the-owls-to-let-glenn-loovens-go-162595%3famp

If we brought Gio in, would he bring with him his own assistant coach (coaching staff), I think his assistant whilst at Feyenoord, Jean-Paul van Gastel is still there? It got me thinking of this the other day, when the betting was all over the place with some underwhelming names.

What if we brought in a high profile young or experienced foreign manager but are looking to team them up with an assistant/coaches or DOF that are already over here and knowledgeable of our leagues? The same thing might be considered, if we're looking at going for a recently retired player turned coach or an up and coming lower league manager?

Do you think, that's something being considered, that may possibly be knowingly or unknowingly be reflected in the betting?