Van Bronckhorst

His short managerial career so far is hugely impressive averaging 1.99 points per game at Feyenoord and winning the league whilst there. Plays 433 which would suit us well, wants to come to England (if reports that he was keen to take Newcastle job are correct). 

Whilst hes he’s a big name, no chance that Feyenoord pay as much as we were paying Bruce. 

His ex teammates from an illustrious playing career hold top jobs all over Europe’s top clubs so you’d hope those contacts be golden too. 

What’s not to like? 

• Like 1

Guy's. We're clutching here. Me included before anyone starts getting out of their pram. 

Seriously clutching, it's not good for your sanity. 

Especially when we give it to firkin La La La La Zola.

On second thoughts, keep clutching FFS.

The foreign names in list are on the whole absolute garbage. However only two stand close scrutiny Van Bronckhorst and Tedesco. Both have achieved something quite recently and both were in work last season.GVB did play in England at highest level for a number of years was a very good player and hopefully learned about football culture and variances of the game in the lower leagues. If we do recruit somebody like this I hope we hang on to scouting team brought in by traitor as judging by those we have brought in on free transfers have not done a bad job. I know they all bring with hem their own team but I would very much like to see us add into a young progressive English coach who could one day step in and take over the reins. If GVB is a success he will leave as his high profile past will attract him to some very big clubs but I do think he would act in a more dignified way than last manager probably advising us he would leave at end of a season.

Think he is more realistic target tnhan some on here believe as a large number of high profile Dutch managers have managed in Championship.

For me would be a MASSIVE coup if we got him on board - definate statement manager and could see some quality players based in holland being tempted to come here

HOWEVER - personally think he's out of reach for us at the minute ....

Although with Cocu to Derby, you never know ..

FACT when i think about it, he's now my no.1 choice!

3 hours ago, lambownumber5 said:

I'm sure there's nothing in this one but Cocu went to Derby. Is our situation that far removed from theirs?

It's no different. We just need to make him an offer he can't refuse.

Quite a lot of people on facebook seem to think there's something in this. Would be great if true and a statement of intent. Young proven manager with contacts and links to some big clubs. Plus it would wipe the smug grin off Ashley's fat greedy face and it would be karma and pay back, if we got one of the better names that turned them down. If possible get it done DC.

14 hours ago, Morepork said:

I don't see him leaving until his contract is up, admirable trait...... Also, odds on favourite for a return to Rangers when/if it starts to go wrong for Gerrard. 

That's more of a step down then going to rangers, zero competition