Played under the most successful manager ever, born leader and captained the most successful priemer league team in history. Well respected in the game, has experience of coaching at an International level, always seems to talk sense on sky sports and has a fantastic knowledge of football, right age and still looking to make a name in football management.

Could that be with us.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Tiny wanger tho according to Roy Keane 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

Played under the most successful manager ever, born leader and captained the most successful priemer league team in history. Well respected in the game, has experience of coaching at an International level, always seems to talk sense on sky sports and has a fantastic knowledge of football, right age and still looking to make a name in football management.

Could that be with us.

It would be a big gamble. He doesn't know the league.

That said I would quite like it.

Double No.

We need someone with managerial experience in the Championship or at least English league football. Has to be better options out there.

giphy (1).gif

• Haha 2

Been a disaster so far..sometimes great players can’t manage

9 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Could that be with us.

No

6 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Could that be with us.

So did Steve Bruce.

However I always thought Neville talked sense & seemed knowledgeable tactically.  Expected him to make a good coach/manager but his short stint at Valencia was a disaster. Maybe it was just the wrong choice for his first venture into management. 

• Agree 1

Would players respect him and run through brick walls for him?

Sadly no.

Would much rather take a chance on Neville than go for one of usual suspects.  No outstanding candidate (at least not now Hughton appears to have ruled himself out) so I’m favouring a younger manager to take us forward.

• Agree 4

Would be a massive gamble.  If its between Neville and Pulis I would pick Neville every time. Thankfully it wont be..   Next.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, mogbad said:

So did Steve Bruce.

However I always thought Neville talked sense & seemed knowledgeable tactically.  Expected him to make a good coach/manager but his short stint at Valencia was a disaster. Maybe it was just the wrong choice for his first venture into management. 

I've heard Neville speak very openly about mistakes he felt he made at Valencia, so if he's wanting to get back into management, he may well have learned from the experience?

Is there any suggestion that he wants to give it another go, however?

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, mogbad said:

So did Steve Bruce.

Ay the time he took Valencia on they were a club on the slide, don't really think that should be held against him.

He's a good age with a fantastic pedigree, he will have big contacts in the game.

Doesn’t he part own a club in he football league now?

1 minute ago, Road Runner said:

Doesn’t he part own a club in he football league now?

Yes.

He'd have to resign that position, and not have a vested interest in Salford in order to consider any job.

Personally don't think he's bothered about managing again, really good number on Sky.

Phil Neville might be worth a look given he's probably done all he can with the England women's team. 

Just hope we don't end up with another journeyman manager, and someone who's got a fresher approach than most.

Not another ex man united tosssssssssssssst pot please 

Let me think about it32A86CDA-8B31-4C38-8563-6BB270CBEE11.gif.b2da6361d3e8bce7aff8e94edbfedf61.gif

How about no

38 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworth said:

Would be a massive gamble.  If its between Neville and Pulis I would pick Neville every time. Thankfully it wont be..   Next.

Really? You could write on a postage stamp what Neville has achieved in management.  It would be a huge gamble.

As for Pulis, it’s not pretty but he can get teams up and keep them up. 

Granted he struggled at Boro and wouldn’t be my first choice, but he could get something out of this squad.

3 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Really? You could write on a postage stamp what Neville has achieved in management.  It would be a huge gamble.

As for Pulis, it’s not pretty but he can get teams up and keep them up. 

Granted he struggled at Boro and wouldn’t be my first choice, but he could get something out of this squad.

which is why I said...………….. thankfully it wont be (either)