Holloway

On the fence with this guy.

One the one hand I simply think NO, personality over ability, but on the other hand, I think certain managers suit certain clubs and the ones that tend to do well at Wednesday are the ones that have a big character and personality, so could suit us well. 

2 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Good shout Matty lad !!.......

He's got to get rid of the "Park Keepers Tash" though before he can be taken seriously.....

Some men are just born to have a tach, Tom Selleck, Graeme Souness, Sam Torrance and my older brother.

Ricki,s tach looks like a stick on, bit like mine did when I had one.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, theowlsman said:

I’m biased. He’s a brilliant motivator of players 

Plus he’d walk over hot coals to manage us, he loves The Wednesday does Ian.

Now he’s had my endorsement I guess we can rule him out.

lol

What did he say about the job last night when you took him for a Nando's ?

Is it his time ?

Edited by Rhubarb n Custard
  • Haha 1

Successful sides enjoy playing their football, and do so with enthusiasm and with a smile on their face.

Holloway would inherit a squad capable of promotion. He would also encourage them to express themselves, have fun, play positive football. He’s an infectious character known to get the best out of his players, and would have a good squad of players to work with.

I like the idea of knowing exactly what you’re getting with him too. Says it as it is, and is experienced with knowledge of how to achieve promotion. Little to worry about in terms of upsetting apple carts either, he just gets on with the job with the resources available. Has an eye for player bargains too.

Charlie Adams’ success can be directly attributable to Holloway.

• Like 3

Back on topic, Holloway is an interesting character, I do like his enthusiasm and he has a real love of football and would have a good knowledge of players across all divisions.

His early career as a manager saw his teams play direct football but he went away and reinvented his style when he was at Blackpool which is good to see.

I wouldn't be opposed to giving him a try.

• Like 1

As my fellow poster earlier said, the best managers we’ve had at Hillsborough have been big characters with infectious personalities.

Let’s bring the fun back to our football. We need to be smiling Owls Talk-esque. Give him the Owls Talk vote.

Edited by theowlsman
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

As my fellow poster earlier said, the best managers we’ve had at Hillsborough have been big characters with infectious personalities.

Let’s bring the fun back to our football. We need to be smiling Owls Talk-esque. Give him the Owls Talk vote.

Can't agree more the managers that got us really firing and playing with a bit of a swagger in my life time were big Ron, tricky trev, then we had to wait a long long time for first season Carlos before he turned into karanka and bored us all to tears. 

If the team looks happy, motivated, full of confidence and enthusiasm, then so is Hillsborough. The crowd and fans feed off of each other. 

Out of that list he's the one that would be most likely to bering that feel good factor back. 

14 minutes ago, Quist said:

Out of work too long for my liking and some ears since had any success. 

Dropped from Sky as well not sure why. Could be problems?

I think he has taken time out to spend with family. I suppose the only question mark would be if he still has the hunger/desire following such a break.

I don't know where he lives, but he may value family time more than anything at his stage of life/career.

14 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Six months ago people were putting his name forward now he isn't good enough all of a sudden? Won promotion to the premier league as many times as Hughton too. Wouldn't be so dismissive personally and probably more likely to come than Hughton. 

This. Would absolutely not be against Holloway on board for a season .. he's a similar ilk to Bruce yet people now are turning their nose up at him!