Holloway

33 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

It's just a shame that Gary Monks going to be our new manager then isn't it .....

Monk won’t get a job with this dodgy transfer dealings hanging over him!

Edited by Owls77

15 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

If Megson didn't exist then I'd be backing Holloway. 

For me it's a two horse race between him and Megson if he's interested.

A great quote from the article:

"He would say 'Right this is him from Scotland, he's better than you all, he's here to take your place Charlie Adam!'.

We need more of that. Blackpool played great attacking football that year. 

I suspect eventually it took is toll on their livers... and that Oyston geezer was a proper scoundrel. 

Ollie's a character and he would have been a good choice a few years ago but he's done nothing since Palace around 6 years ago. We need to avoid yesterday's men, job hoppers and out of work old school managers that are no longer wanted by anyone ambitious. There are far better options out there, if we're smart, ambitious and forward thinking.

55 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Ollie's a character and he would have been a good choice a few years ago but he's done nothing since Palace around 6 years ago. We need to avoid yesterday's men, job hoppers and out of work old school managers that are no longer wanted by anyone ambitious. There are far better options out there, if we're smart, ambitious and forward thinking.

Who?

18 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Who?

Gio is my choice. A winner as a player and as a coach. Played and learnt at some top clubs; will have contacts from his career as a player and coach, was a coach for some years, then in his first job he won Feyenoord's first title after 18 years without a title.

If not him, then someone like Genesio or Tedesco.

Or taking a punt on a coach like Arteta or someone on the rise like Cook; Johnson, Neil, Stendel, etc. I'd like us to be ambitious and/or forward thinking rather than looking at yesterday's men from the past. The Championship as shown it can attract high profile managers and managers on the rise, so why don't we show some ambition and try and get someone that would make some kind of statement or show that we're looking forwards?

Edited by The Night-Owl

Just now, The Night-Owl said:

Gio is my choice. A winner as a player and as a coach. Played and learnt at some top clubs; will have contacts from his career as a player and coach, was a coach for some years, then in his first job he won Feyenoord's first title after 18 years without a title.

If not him, then someone like Genesio or Tedesco.

Or taking a punt on a coach like Arteta or someone on the rise like Cook; Johnson, Neil, Stendel, etc. I'd like us to be ambitious and/or forward thinking rather than looking at yesterday's men from the past. The Championship as shown it can attract high profile managers and managers on the rise, so why don't we show some ambition and try and get someone that would make some kind of statement or show that we're looking forwards?

Gio ..I bet he’s never even heard of us ....we need to get real ... cook is the only realistic name ...but chansiri won’t pay compensation to wigan

Holloway would a decent option for you guys. 

Down here in Bristol he’s loved by the Rovers fans and hated by many City fans - largely based on his comments made when celebrating promotion many many years ago. Personally I like him as a bloke and as a manager and has done a decent job pretty much everywhere he’s been.

If you ever listen to TalkSport Holloway is a regular guest on there. He talks so much sense I wish he had been born in Bedminster and not Kingswood and that way he could of both played and managed Bristol City.