Not going to be Hughton

No one has mentioned the possibility that he may have turned us down as he was approached over the weekend when Bruce hadn’t even resigned yet. Like many wouldn’t have entertain a job till it was actually became vacant.

Now Bruce is gone might change things. Not saying this is what happened, but as we don’t have a time frame of when he turned us down it a real possibility.

8 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

Would have been an ideal replacement but personally the one I'd like to see us go all out to get is Paul Cook

Think I'd rather have Sam Cooke!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

”not acted on”..... but Hughton has turned us down already apparently?  :ph34r:

A) hopefully we are still holding out for full settlement  posted before he resigned a few days ago that this would be the scenario ala happened at palace  DC will hopefully be as annoyed as Jordan was and stick firm 

B) Doubt we are 'officially' approaching anyone so as not to create a public list of not interested people

holding my breath that DC 

Not sure what Hughton would turn us down.

He's out of work, he was sacked on the back of an awful run with Brighton and almost took them down, which suggests it's unlikely another Premier League club would be interested. Also, there are no obvious Championship teams available for him at least for the foreseeable future.

Maybe he wants to stay down south, but that only narrows his options even further... and it's a pretty poor reason for someone involved in football.

43 minutes ago, steelowl said:

A) hopefully we are still holding out for full settlement  posted before he resigned a few days ago that this would be the scenario ala happened at palace  DC will hopefully be as annoyed as Jordan was and stick firm 

B) Doubt we are 'officially' approaching anyone so as not to create a public list of not interested people

holding my breath that DC sorts this properly 

2 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Not sure what Hughton would turn us down.

He's out of work, he was sacked on the back of an awful run with Brighton and almost took them down, which suggests it's unlikely another Premier League club would be interested. Also, there are no obvious Championship teams available for him at least for the foreseeable future.

Maybe he wants to stay down south, but that only narrows his options even further... and it's a pretty poor reason for someone involved in football.

Few possible reasons: 

- He’s 60 and earned enough to retire comfortably 

- He’s still on payroll of Brighton earning c. 500k this year to potter in his garden

- He’s just been sacked from his toughest season and potential wants a break to recharge 

Out of interest if you could afford to retire, just been through most stressful year of career aged 60 and we’re being paid over half a million a year to sit on your Harris would you up sticks and go take on a new challenge? 

Now i’m Not saying he won’t or anything but I can certainly see why he may. 

16 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Few possible reasons: 

- He’s 60 and earned enough to retire comfortably 

- He’s still on payroll of Brighton earning c. 500k this year to potter in his garden

- He’s just been sacked from his toughest season and potential wants a break to recharge 

Out of interest if you could afford to retire, just been through most stressful year of career aged 60 and we’re being paid over half a million a year to sit on your Harris would you up sticks and go take on a new challenge? 

Now i’m Not saying he won’t or anything but I can certainly see why he may. 

Very good points, well made. The biggest surprise to me here is Hughton is 60! I thought he was late 40's/early 50's!

• Like 2

On 15/07/2019 at 18:29, @owlstalk said:

Chris Hughton snubs becoming next Sheffield Wednesday boss

Chris Hughton has turned down the chance to become the next Sheffield Wednesday boss.

Former Brighton boss Hughton is the odds-on favourite with the bookies to take over from Steve Bruce who is heading to Newcastle.

But Mirror Sport can reveal Hughton has already turned down an approach and is not in the running, believing it was not the right job or the right time.

Hughton has gained an outstanding reputation of getting clubs promoted into the Premier League and then being a first class manager having worked wonders at Brighton and Newcastle.

There will be no shortage after his departure from Brighton in the summer and he has admitted he wants a return to management but it will not be with Wednesday.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-live-maguire-coutinho-17678250?3

For this I read. Premiership job once my compensation period is over.