New Boss?   

558 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, wattagit said:

Domenico Tedesco

Most definitely is from the Klopp school and in his first season and a half did amazingly well at Schalke until the wheels fell off after they lost
a lot of the better players but certainly improved what they had when he first arrived.

Recruited by the man who recruited Klopp and Tuchel to Mainz as well.

If what I have been told is right about a couple of interviews taking place in Germany whilst we are there this might not be a bad bet @33/1

Clutching at straws it’s not far from Holland to hamburgHamburg

True could be GVB he just told me they were looking to interview  a couple whilst out there but i always look for the big payout when betting which is why i never win :)

I saw an article suggesting that Lee Bullen has put himself forward for the job. I don't know whether there is any truth in that at all.

If you are Lee Bullen right now the last thing you want to be is "The Manager" or "The Head Coach", and here's why.

You among all the backroom are probably the most trusted individual by DC. You have stood in the breach twice, the first time started fine but descended into absolute disaster, the second time was a wonderful success. 

Here you are standing in the breach for a third time and providing the continuity that the players and the club need. This is Lee's role and one that he is trusted to perform by DC. DC in return will support Lee and ensure that he remains around to provide that vital link.

If Lee becomes "The Manager" or "Head Coach" sooner or later DC will be faced with the prospect of firing his most trusted employee. It would be difficult to demote him back to his old position so he would have to be let go.

Staying in his current role Lee has a good job for the duration of DC's tenure at the club and a strong influence on the football side of the business. This benefits, him, DC, the players and ultimately us, the fans.

• Agree 5

5 hours ago, wattagit said:

Domenico Tedesco

Most definitely is from the Klopp school and in his first season and a half did amazingly well at Schalke until the wheels fell off after they lost
a lot of the better players but certainly improved what they had when he first arrived.

Recruited by the man who recruited Klopp and Tuchel to Mainz as well.

If what I have been told is right about a couple of interviews taking place in Germany whilst we are there this might not be a bad bet @33/1

Tedesco , other supermatkets are avsilable.

• Haha 1

Mourhinio is in the running..... 

I wonder if we'll speak to Labbadia while we're out in Germany? I still think even though he's 25/1 with SkyBet, he's a strong contender for the job?

3 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I wonder if we'll speak to Labbadia while we're out in Germany? I still think even though he's 25/1 with SkyBet, he's a strong contender for the job?

He is

I’ve just seen Chris  Coleman is now second favorite. I’m starting to come round to this idea. Remember, this is the man who took Wales to the semi finals of the Euros.

On 17/07/2019 at 20:25, deaks1984 said:

Couldn't see Bullen on the list.

I'd have voted for Hughton but don't think he'll come. I know Bullen has said he's not ready for it etc. But honestly think the way things have gone the last couple of seasons, that he'd have the backing of the of the senior players.

I think the likes of Westwood, Hutchinson etc. could control that dressing room, would run through brick walls for him and lead by example.

Also there's no question of loyalty at all, which I think may be top of the list for DC after Mrs. Doubtfire. 

Could backfire by not giving a proven manager what's left of the pre-season, but I'm sure Bullen could really do something special given the chance.

I know I've made some shiite calls before on here but I'm just gonna BUMP this one while I've got chance. I still believe we could do something special under Bullen. Might all go Pete Tong yet but I just hope that next time sections start chanting Bullen's name, that everyone joins in and we all back him!. Bloke deserves it and the club deserves success. Just hope He delivers.

5 minutes ago, deaks1984 said:

I know I've made some shiite calls before on here but I'm just gonna BUMP this one while I've got chance. I still believe we could do something special under Bullen. Might all go Pete Tong yet but I just hope that next time sections start chanting Bullen's name, that everyone joins in and we all back him!. Bloke deserves it and the club deserves success. Just hope He delivers.

So easy to say after two straight wins.

7 minutes ago, Buddy Repperton said:

So easy to say after two straight wins.

I agree but I said it before hence the bump

• Agree 1

hmmp

Lee Bullen...? 

12 minutes ago, deaks1984 said:

I agree but I said it before hence the bump

Fair do's lol

• Thanks 1

On 17/07/2019 at 19:55, sherlyegg said:

None and it won't be.:rolleyes:

Weers me prize

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Weers me prize

Trying to figure this out after all the celebratory "we are top of the league" beers. Do you mean, you win coz none the of the list should be the next gaffer? If so bravo! And apologies for being so bladdered. Also your prize is an awesome German centre half called Borner. Sooner or later he will make people forget who Michael Hector was. Congrats. Top banana!

After the game, Pearson summed it up all rather nicely.  

He said that if any other manager had come in, they probably wouldn't have done a better job with these players.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, deaks1984 said:

Trying to figure this out after all the celebratory "we are top of the league" beers. Do you mean, you win coz none the of the list should be the next gaffer? If so bravo! And apologies for being so bladdered. Also your prize is an awesome German centre half called Borner. Sooner or later he will make people forget who Michael Hector was. Congrats. Top banana!

Thanks, yes none on the list should be the new manager. Though tbf it was bang obvious and i did have the advatage knowing they wouldnt.

• Agree 1

One thing I think most fans will agree on is we have some good things in place atm  new scouting team  Strudwick  what we don't need is a new manager coming in to take it all apart, what we've got now needs keeping as we are now moving in the right direction,what about bringing Ramsden back from Man City who use to be head of our academy before been head hunted by city to work alongside Bullen.