Blue and white

Odds For The New Manager

12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If he gives it to any one of those fookwits, it’ll be a bigger mistake than signing Jordan Rhodes

Don’t really disagree to be honest 

but neither do I have a realistic name I could honestly give anyone that I’d like to see here

I could just about get on board with Rowett, for no particular reason I think he'd fit in. Pulis, Coleman, not for me. 

FWIW Biggs saying he's heard Rowett not under consideration

1 minute ago, bigrbuk said:

I could just about get on board with Rowett, for no particular reason I think he'd fit in. Pulis, Coleman, not for me. 

FWIW Biggs saying he's heard Rowett not under consideration

Not sure he’s any the wiser than anyone else 

This all comes down to who’s advising Chansiri really, ain’t a decision I’d like to be making , couldn’t give one name I’d like to see here , respect Hughtons achievements but the blokes got the charisma of a dish cloth and won’t come regardless 

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

That those people have been selected for interview is scary enough, and suggests that we could be in for another one of DCs, shoot himself in the foot moments

Who do you suggest?

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Not sure he’s any the wiser than anyone else 

This all comes down to who’s advising Chansiri really, ain’t a decision I’d like to be making , couldn’t give one name I’d like to see here , respect Hughtons achievements but the blokes got the charisma of a dish cloth and won’t come regardless 

It’s probably going to come down, who is the least liability 

9 minutes ago, mkowl said:

What i think folk are hearing are the names of people being interviewed. Not necessarily who has got the job yet 

Do you see the person you have heard it is, as a positive choice?

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Who do you suggest?

Mate, I’m in the same boat as everybody else. None of them, even ones that I might be OK with, Hughton, GVB, seem quite the right fit

43 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

If true we've interviewed Pulis, then he's interested. Would be a smarter choice than Coleman. 

You might want to listen to Boro and West Brom fans who were begging for him to go...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JC_owl66 said:

You might want to listen to Boro and West Brom fans who were begging for him to go...

Villa were begging Bruce to go,  if owt Pulis skillset is probably closet your gonna get to old snake boy 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Villa were begging Bruce to go,  if owt Pulis skillset is probably closet your gonna get to old snake boy 

What skill set can pulis offer from last 3 seasons ?

4 minutes ago, JC_owl66 said:

What skill set can pulis offer from last 3 seasons ?

A drop in sales in club baseball caps

• Haha 2

Given what I've read in this thread whoever gets the job is going to have a tough task to win over the fan base never mind have us challenging?

• Haha 1

Just now, Royal_D said:

Thing is, I wasn’t so keen on Bruce either, but after Jos, he was probably what was needed Now we’ve stabilised, I’d be hoping for someone who might bring a touch more dynamism. Pulis, Coleman, even Rowett, will probably do OKish, but they won’t last a season here. We need to find a better fit for the club, now, and going forward

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Mate, I’m in the same boat as everybody else. None of them, even ones that I might be OK with, Hughton, GVB, seem quite the right fit

Given that the previous manager did seem like the right man at the right time it will be a bit like that. 

However, I do think that we need someone in and the list of freebie managers is much better than it was when Carlos left and also Jos.

Most of these things are a gamble anyway. I thought Gray would be awful but he turned out decent. 

Wouldn't mind Holloway for no reason other that he reminds me of big Ron 

1 minute ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Given what I've read in this thread whoever gets the job is going to have a tough task to win over the fan base never mind have us challenging?

Simply because none of those mentioned, are right for the job You must feel that yourself?

Coleman isn't mentally tough enough for us... just an opinion.. I don't think he'd cope.

Just on Bullen, he could have had this job had he gone somewhere else and done well. Sheffield is surrounded by smaller local clubs where he could have made a name for himself, proven his coaching abilities and come back for the big job. 

As an example, when you compare him to Coleman (not that I particularly want him) this bloke has played at the highest level for club and country and even managed his country. 

When trying to protect your £100m investment, when comparing CVs, and many others, it’s not even a contest. 

If we were going to appoint anyone with any merit, they'd be in by now. Which means.... We're trying to decide which out of the others is the best of a utterly, utterly shìt bunch. A season of total mediocrity beckons I'm afraid. Buckle up for a tedious ride on the world's slowest rollercoaster.

• Like 1