Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Big Rons Hairspray said:

I think with the cards stacked as they are (& in the absence of an experienced, successful charismatic candidate) we might need someone who is confrontational & can create a proper us vs them mentality.

 

Im starting to think Roy Keane could be a good idea.

If Roy Keane is the answer you are asking the wrong question.lol

  • Agree 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, prowl said:

If Roy Keane is the answer you are asking the wrong question.lol

I know.

 

There seems to be a dearth of quality candidates though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm struggling to understand the line of reasoning that goes:

 

1 - steady eddies like Monk and Rowett are not good enough

2 - we want a proven winner

3 - like serial loser and unmanageable rage case Roy Keane

  • Agree 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, prowl said:

Derby are there or thereabouts every year. Never go up.  If anyone ever gets them up that will be someone to note. The rest, not so much.

 

Getting us there or thereabouts every season would be a start 

 

12/18 months ago we wouldn’t have been able to get either of Rowett or Monk 

Edited by Bluesteel
  • Agree 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, djorkaeff said:

 

Well they want to Interview a Bame candidate because they’re under represented in management. 

 

As players, black/mixed race players are massively over represented. Look at the debuts of youngsters. 

 

Why are white, Chinese and Asian players given more of a chance? To match the proportion of society. You can’t have it both ways. 

So does this mean you don't agree with the Rooney Rule unless it's extended to players as well?  I really can't follow your reasoning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

Coleman being reported as frontrunner now by a few recent tweets from several sources.

 

 

Not a hope SOB2. I have it on good authoritah that we're going to poach Pep from your club dude. :duntmatter: FFS

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Pulis No Zola and no Coleman. No thank you tough picking new manager out of all that crap. Nervous after his track record picking Carlos (because of how he became after 1st Season) then Jos (well obvious) finally gets someone who was good choice n turns out to be turncoat shister no loyalty. Who now? So many potential disasters on the list no good choices of those top end of the odds. Van Bronkhurst only real good choice (no chance) Monk has had good stints at Leeds n Birmingham. All the rest are rubbish. Good choice we go up bad choice another year of obscurity at best (scary)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of those listed and also realistic, I would go for Rowett. I'd prefer Van Bronckhorst but I somehow doubt he would come to S6.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

So does this mean you don't agree with the Rooney Rule unless it's extended to players as well?  I really can't follow your reasoning.

 

 

I don't agree with it. I think it should be the best candidates for the job that get interviewed no matter who they are. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, cognacbarnowl said:

 

 

I don't agree with it. I think it should be the best candidates for the job that get interviewed no matter who they are. 

 

Exactly right! That is true equality of opportunity. Recruit on merit. Appoint the person with the most appropriate skills and experience.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, cognacbarnowl said:

 

 

I don't agree with it. I think it should be the best candidates for the job that get interviewed no matter who they are. 

Ideally I would agree with you, but think something needed doing to address level of BAME representation amongst mangers and coaches. At the end of the day, the best candidate should still get the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

Ideally I would agree with you, but think something needed doing to address level of BAME representation amongst mangers and coaches. At the end of the day, the best candidate should still get the job.

 

 

But what if no one from the BAME community registered any interest in the job ? Are you not allowed to hire your preferred candidate until someone from the BAME lot has been interviewed and possibly rejected ? There are way too many flaws in rules like this to make them effective at all. 

 

I don't want to derail the fred by taking it into the realms of political correctness, so please don't think I am being ignorant towards you by saying that's my last post on the subject.

 

UTO SDS

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stendel 33-1 in to 20=1 on Bet Victor today. only movement.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Quist said:

Stendel 33-1 in to 20=1 on Bet Victor today. only movement.

 

Him or the Cowleys would be my choice 

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cognacbarnowl said:

 

 

I don't agree with it. I think it should be the best candidates for the job that get interviewed no matter who they are. 

Agreed.

 

Get the best manager for the job, end of.  It's not a tick the box exercise.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carrick with Strudwick no 2 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Quist said:

Stendel 33-1 in to 20=1 on Bet Victor today. only movement.

Jesus I had a tenner at 8-1, should’ve waited :duntmatter:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Quist said:

Stendel 33-1 in to 20=1 on Bet Victor today. only movement.

 

Keep us posted on the betting changes if you wouldn't mind. I know it's your game.

 

A big tumble in odds usually means something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, cognacbarnowl said:

 

 

But what if no one from the BAME community registered any interest in the job ? Are you not allowed to hire your preferred candidate until someone from the BAME lot has been interviewed and possibly rejected ? There are way too many flaws in rules like this to make them effective at all. 

 

I don't want to derail the fred by taking it into the realms of political correctness, so please don't think I am being ignorant towards you by saying that's my last post on the subject.

 

UTO SDS

Agreed - interesting discussion for another thread on another day perhaps.

  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least one of the names has been interviewed already and more talks planned this weekend 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...