Odds For The New Manager

Just now, marcx666 said:

If it was first season Carlos, I wouldnt mind at all, free flowing attacking footy, goals galore, and with Strudwick in, Carlos lack of fitness training might not kill half our team. My worry would be that we get the negative Carlos back 

My biggest worry would be who's in charge of transfers...... WTF:

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

You remember how things ended under him though? Some terrible football. Completely lost the players for me. 

I think, other than season one, the football was dire. Tactically though, even in year two it was effective, despite the injury crisis. 

Sure, I hated the football, but what came after from Jos, was even worse

3 minutes ago, Morepork said:

My biggest worry would be who's in charge of transfers...... WTF:

Well if we are still under a soft embargo theres no need to worry lol

Seriously though, not all the transfers were sh*te, Bannan, Wallace, Reach, Joao if we get 8 mill for him lol

3 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

If it was first season Carlos, I wouldnt mind at all, free flowing attacking footy, goals galore, and with Strudwick in, Carlos lack of fitness training might not kill half our team. My worry would be that we get the negative Carlos back 

He would probably want to get rid of Strudwick and bring his own people in. Poor Jordan Rhodes will be bricking it at the thought of Carlos coming back! 

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

He would probably want to get rid of Strudwick and bring his own people in. Poor Jordan Rhodes will be bricking it at the thought of Carlos coming back! 

Well everyone wants Rhodes gone anyway, so, they should be happy lol

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

I think, other than season one, the football was dire. Tactically though, even in year two it was effective, despite the injury crisis. 

Sure, I hated the football, but what came after from Jos, was even worse

Completely agree Carlos was a hell of a lot better than Jos. First season under CC was brilliant. The football in the 2nd season was very poor though, I really don’t know what happened. 

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I don’t :-)

Me neither, I've always thought given decent service he will score., but, I'm in a minority, I'd rather we get shut of Winnall, who is about as useful as Steve Bruce taking a lie detector test.

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Completely agree Carlos was a hell of a lot better than Jos. First season under CC was brilliant. The football in the 2nd season was very poor though, I really don’t know what happened. 

The transfer under Carlos is primarily the reason we are in the sh..t money wise, awful manager

1 minute ago, marcx666 said:

Well if we are still under a soft embargo theres no need to worry lol

Seriously though, not all the transfers were sh*te, Bannan, Wallace, Reach, Joao if we get 8 mill for him lol

You're dead right, some were actually very good but, there were still way too many misses in there for a successful club, at least a club that aspires to be successful....... Also, in the interests of fairness some were bad through complete misfortune. First season Carlos did a good job, with everything that followed though I don't feel we really know him........ I also feel he was too happy accepting what he was given a lot of the time, I want a stronger guy in charge in the hope he can prevent at least some mistakes from above.

Looking at our current betting list, there are worse options on it than CC but as a life rule I'm not for going back. lol 

3 minutes ago, JC_owl66 said:

The transfer under Carlos is primarily the reason we are in the sh..t money wise, awful manager

You have to look at the chairman’s role in that He sanctions the buying, and in theory at least, the selling

If DC is choosing from the usual inspiring list of Pulis and Coleman - as much as it pains me to say it, Allardyce would be the most likely to take us up in my opinion.

If we really are resigning ourself to crap football, then I would be confident he’d get is up. Can’t say I like the man but he has a better record than Pulis etc

Wasn’t it Carlos that broke Lee by bringing him back to soon? Didn’t he sign Van Aken after looking at 35000 other Centre backs? That absolutely bottle job of a performance against Huddersfield. We don’t need to go back to the past. Let’s move forward with fresh ideas. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

4 minutes ago, Morepork said:

You're dead right, some were actually very good but, there were still way too many misses in there for a successful club, at least a club that aspires to be successful....... Also, in the interests of fairness some were bad through complete misfortune. First season Carlos did a good job, with everything that followed though I don't feel we really know him........ I also feel he was too happy accepting what he was given a lot of the time, I want a stronger guy in charge in the hope he can prevent at least some mistakes from above.

Looking at our current betting list, there are worse options on it than CC but as a life rule I'm not for going back. lol 

I'm with you mate, don't go back, BUT if it was a choice fo Carlos, Pulis, Coleman, Monk, Rowett, I;d be dragging Carlos back meself. I just wish we'd at least try to go for a Cowley or the bloke from Barnsley, a young manager who has a good record and wants to push himself further.

3 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

I would rather chansiri just just throw random names in a hat and pick one out 

It's starting to look like that method will produce better odds of success!!! lol

Edited by Morepork
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

1st season we were an unknown quantity, no one really knew how to play us effectively. 2nd season we were found out. Carlos became more defense and we struggled to finish sides off. He should have gone after semi final, and the rest as they say is history.

Just now, marcx666 said:

I'm with you mate, don't go back, BUT if it was a choice fo Carlos, Pulis, Coleman, Monk, Rowett, I;d be dragging Carlos back meself. I just wish we'd at least try to go for a Cowley or the bloke from Barnsley, a young manager who has a good record and wants to push himself further.

Can't see Barnsley manager leaving. Did I hear he'd signed 10 players this summer? He'd look worse than SB if he walked out now. 

1 minute ago, marcx666 said:

100% agree. Cowley for me also. Progressive, exciting and ambitious appointment.