Odds For The New Manager

1 minute ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Pulis is the type you bring in after someone’s made a mess at a club. After a Jos or a Zola for example. Like a Mick McCarthy. Comes in steadies the ship and makes you solid again.

We've already had Bruce do that. He’s laid the foundations, now we need to kick on. We need someone who can bring the fans together and get the club heading forward again. Positive, attacking football with a manager who has a vision on how to get the best out of our attacking players.

McCarthy isn’t actually a bad shout. Very underrated by Ipswich, 2 Promotions with Sunderland and Wolves. Not sure he’d leave Ireland but a manager who always gets the best out of what he has. 

21 minutes ago, Quist said:

Hughton has said does not want job and we are looking for somebody who has managed on domestic scene. So Stendel your choice what about Cowley?

Cowley would be a gamble, but yes, I'd take him over the usual merry-go-round failures.

45 minutes ago, Fast Forward said:

Cowley would be a gamble, but yes, I'd take him over the usual merry-go-round failures.

Think all names have some risks involved and Cowley and Stendel have risks but also bi upside if hey come off. The less riskier ones such as for example Rowett we may be in or around yop half but we know he will not rip it. If one of these guys comes off promotion a possibility. Norwich, Villa and Blunts choices all paid off. Huddersfield did similar with a relative unknown. 

It wouldn’t be pretty under Pulis but he’d have us there or thereabouts.

I think Coleman is a better manager than his record suggests. He’s had the bottle to

manage outside of this country and even though it’s been a bit of a mixed bag, he’ll have learnt a lot. Personally I think he’d do better here than most fans think?

Rowett’s record is probably better than I’ve given him credit for in the past. It may work out for him here but I think it’s a 50/50 call?

I wouldn’t give it Bullen. The fact he hasn’t got the gig here before says it all for me.

I don’t know who we’ll get but whoever we get will probably split the fan base?

Will there be any movement towards appointing a new manager while Bullen and the team are in Germany? Now Bullen has put his name forward, I’m sure Mr C would want to sit down with him to discuss his thoughts. We might be looking at a manager being appointed during the week of the first game. Not good, at a time when we need to be focussing on that first game. 

I get the feeling Coleman and Pulis have lobbied really hard for the job; both with DC and the media.

I reckon both are misguided egotists who think we'd be lucky to have them. Don't want either, as if you want dire Pulisball then Karanka is more successful at snore bore soccer and Coleman, well, just, God, no!

It is an uninspiring field but I reckon Rowett could be very effective. Stoke apart, he's done well elsewhere, seems to make players better and knows the demands of the division. Also seems to have done best when there's been relatively little to spend; he got a dog of a Birmingham team near the sharp end before the Zola debacle.

IF he can get us performing similarly then we could be in business; we've got better players than that Brum team.