Jump to content

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

There was an article inpaper about Coleman , nobody’s got any inside info so everyone’s took that and started lumping on Coleman who’s odds are now like Zola’s were which was also fabricated nonsense 

 

wouldn’t  be surprised if D.C. hasn’t spoken to a single person yet if am honest 

 

I don’t think he will have either as he will be giving the job to Bullen :-(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, striker said:

Absolutely, Coleman a definite no. 

 

Managers out of work are unemployed for a reason. We have opportunity to build something now. Cook, Stendel, Cowley the type of managers we should be thinking of, not out of work has beens with only tenuous flirtation with success 5 or 10 years ago. 

 

If the shortlist is accurate, Stendel is my choice .

Not for me.

I posted a couple of days ago, I live in Barnsley and a lot of my mates are season ticket holders.

To a man, they are hoping we go for Stendel and take him.

Their comments:

Promoted only because Sunderland imploded in a poor league.

No idea how to change a game.

Sticks with favourites even we playing bad etc.etc.

Just thought I'd share.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coleman now the favourite on sky bet. :mad: come on DC don’t give it to him or Bullen. Show some bloody ambition. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't fully buy into this  'most managers are out of a job for a reason' point of view. So was Bruce when we employed him. In fact very few managers haven't been sacked at some point. I think we have to accept that we are very likely going to appoint a manager who has been sacked or Bullen. I don't envy DC having to make this choice. Monk maybe the best option, or Bullen on a trial basis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What winds me up is these people clamouring for Bullen or someone ‘fresh’ or not run of the mill , basically with no experience , will be the FIRST people hounding them out for coming up short because there learning on the job 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like bullen,  but don't want him as manager. The bookies, press, fans and journos know dogshiit all hence the random candidates and odds.

 

I'm sure all will become clear next week and we will all be able to breathe a sigh of relief and move on.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Beauchief Owl said:

I don't fully buy into this  'most managers are out of a job for a reason' point of view. So was Bruce when we employed him. In fact very few managers haven't been sacked at some point. I think we have to accept that we are very likely going to appoint a manager who has been sacked or Bullen. I don't envy DC having to make this choice. Monk maybe the best option, or Bullen on a trial basis.

We should be wary of Monk, he has a history of rowing with his chairman, and can be vindictive with certain players It’s important that we maintain harmony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Coleman now the favourite on sky bet. :mad: come on DC don’t give it to him or Bullen. Show some bloody ambition. 

 

You do realise it means fizz all?

 

Unless someone’s price suddenly flies in and they go massively odds on, there’s nothing to worry about 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DC literally cannot win in this whoever he chooses will divide the fan base. Wouldn’t like to be in his shoes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, swfc1983 said:

DC literally cannot win in this whoever he chooses will divide the fan base. Wouldn’t like to be in his shoes.

The fan base is already divided on the issue but in this instance I don't think genuine supporters will be critical of DC, he did have what many considered to be the right man in place. I do not envy him re the choice he has to make.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beauchief Owl said:

The fan base is already divided on the issue but in this instance I don't think genuine supporters will be critical of DC, he did have what many considered to be the right man in place. I do not envy him re the choice he has to make.

 

Sorry disagree there 

 

They 100% will be critical 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

DC literally cannot win in this whoever he chooses will divide the fan base. Wouldn’t like to be in his shoes.

It’s tricky, but he needs to look beyond the usual suspects being put forward. Perhaps the guy from Barnsley, although that could be a long drawn out affair, as Barnsley would play hardball Like the Barnsley boss, the three clubs promoted from the championship found success by avoiding the current list, and going for a younger man 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It’s tricky, but he needs to look beyond the usual suspects being put forward. Perhaps the guy from Barnsley, although that could be a long drawn out affair, as Barnsley would play hardball Like the Barnsley boss, the three clubs promoted from the championship found success by avoiding the current list, and going for a younger man 

 

Has Rodger Federer got any more relatives? :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like a couple of people have mentioned already 

 

I can totally see Chris Coleman doing a fancy Dan powerpoint presentation, complete with clip art images and a few mentions of his wales reign and DC been impressed

 

PLEASE DONT FALL FOR IT - HE IS A poo MANAGER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It’s tricky, but he needs to look beyond the usual suspects being put forward. Perhaps the guy from Barnsley, although that could be a long drawn out affair, as Barnsley would play hardball Like the Barnsley boss, the three clubs promoted from the championship found success by avoiding the current list, and going for a younger man 

 

He’d be my choice if we can’t get Hughton. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Coleman now the favourite on sky bet. :mad: come on DC don’t give it to him or Bullen. Show some bloody ambition. 

 

I don't think DC is causing the odds fluctuation. Probably more likely to be Owls fans placing bets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

There was an article inpaper about Coleman , nobody’s got any inside info so everyone’s took that and started lumping on Coleman who’s odds are now like Zola’s were which was also fabricated nonsense 

 

wouldn’t  be surprised if D.C. hasn’t spoken to a single person yet if am honest 

I hope you are right but his price has hardened continually throughout the day across all firms. Not substantial but enough to force Bullen's price to drift. Rowet is only other whose price has shortened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

 

I don't think DC is causing the odds fluctuation. Probably more likely to be Owls fans placing bets.

or agents manipulating market.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...